The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I kinda think Teen Dream is better :reject:

ditto

swayze_Moore.jpg

The opening trio on this album is fucking insane. Filthy good.

I like Wild, but I almost feel like it's too obvious. I find the opening couplet to be very awkward or amateurish too; And it's emphasized because the music drops out during the vocals

I already think Bloom is a better album than Teen Dream, but Teen Dream has two songs that have completely dominated my music listening over the past couple of years, so there's that. I just get the idea that they had a vision going into Bloom, resulting in wonderful pacing and production to go along with the great songs; there's real craft here. Teen Dream has great songs too, lots of them, but it's not as enjoyable to listen to in full.

Lololol at Waterloo giving away their copy of the glowie at 1, ostensibly punishing people who are employed.

Yay, it arrived. I can finally listen to this 3 months after some of you douche-whistles.

I've talked some shit about this band before, but I just had a full listen to Bloom (Spotify to the rescue again!) and I have to say that it's fucking gorgeous.

I'm sure with more listens the tracks will start to distinguish themselves from each other, but right now it almost feels like one big, beautiful 50 minute song. It came off to me on first listen as a bit same-sounding but, fuck it. When the vocal melodies are this great, it doesn't matter.

I can see this album becoming a favorite. It's pretty. Very pretty. Sometimes you just gotta rock out to some pretty music, you know what I'm saying? I'll have to check out more of their back catalogue at some point. I'm familiar with a handful of the songs off of Teen Dream, but nothing more than that.

Oh, also, the intro to one of the songs sounds a hell of a lot like the intro to "Enchanted". And that's awesome.

It's funny, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the album, but I'm still listening to it on repeat for the third time through.

I have a minor quibble with the CD tracking, specifically Troublemaker -> New Year. It's clear to me New Year begins at the 4:42 mark of Troublemaker. They should have tracked it as such on the disc.

Know what I like? The part in Irene where the bass drops out and it goes wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher wher then the bass comes back in

This and Misty are so head and shoulders above everything else released this year. Almost comically so.

Bloom is probably sitting atop my 2012 rankings at the moment as well, though that is very tentative. Burial's Kindred is another worthy choice.

Back
Top Bottom