The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No gatefold, but the lights on the cover are kind of raised. Cool texture. White vinyl looks nice enough and is sounding great. I didn't get one of the glowies unfortunately. The sleeves are really pretty and the poster is really inessential.

I've never understood bands putting a poster in with an album. Who wants to hang a poster with massive folds covering it?

They are pretty worthless, but I think when I come back years on to look through my records, I'll be glad I have them. For instance, my Dark Side of the Moon reissue came with reproductions of the posters included when the album came out all those years ago. I'll never put them up, but they're fun to have in the sleeves. And who says my kids won't feel the same way about some of my contemporary albums with dumb creased posters as I do about DSOTM?

PhilsFan said:
I love Victoria Legrand, you guys.

Still don't get it. Still think she sounds like a dude.

I streamed it yesterday, nothing much jumped out at me like Silver Soul did, but it was okay and I'll definitely go back to it.

you're gonna have to fight me for her
I've been playing the album constantly for the last two or three days. I feel like it's unfair that I can't hang out with her. I will fight. I'VE GOT THE SCARS TO PROVE IT.

I was playing the album on my way home from work today with the windows down, and it suddenly struck me that this album hasn't actually been released yet. This is probably the first album I've downloaded before it was released since No Line on the Horizon. I just listened to the stream and needed to be able to listen to it more, so I cracked.

As it turns out, it's a locked groove after "Irene," which actually makes the bonus track thing pretty cool. Also, the cover glows in the dark.

If anyone is keen on going to your local record store to try and get a hold of one of the glow in the dark copies tomorrow, here is a list of stores which will have one or more:

Sub Pop Records

Probably will have to enter a drawing or (god willing) three-legged race.

Pretty high praise there. I really need to give it more listens before I am ready to declare it a masterpiece, though.

That said, this is a band that has that rare quality of being inimitable: they certainly have their influences, but no one is going to be able to replicate their sound. The music has spirit.

I love that the PopMatters review insists that "Beach House is out to mix things up a bit, shake up their bag of tricks" which Scally more or less denies outright in the Pitchfork interview.

Back
Top Bottom