The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
Since so much discussion is going on in Random, figured it may be a good idea to give it its own thread. This seems to be a very divisive album, so feel free to weigh in.

For the unfamiliar, brush up on reviews that cover the entire range from love to indifference to hate:

Teen Dream reviews at Metacritic.com

What are your favorite songs from the album?????? You will tell me.

a2ros7.gif

lol. didnt take long for that sonuvabitch to show up. I wont be having a seat right over anywhere!

There are so many good tunes on the album that its hard to pick a favourite. I really like Silver Soul, Walk In the Park, Lover of Mine (The middle 8 is amazing)... The first 4 songs are pretty much perfect... 10 Mile Stereo is amazing

Ha, my list is pretty much the same. First 4, Lover of Mine, and Take Care.

Don't tell Imps, but I like Used to Be a decent amount as well. :shh:

It's probably one of my top two listens of the new year so far. But divisive is correct: my wife doesn't like it.

Has anyone heard the original single version of Used to Be from 2008? Is it much different?

I'm ashamed to say that I havent heard either of their previous albums. I should do something about that then?

Definitely. The debut and Devotion are both solid, although I do think Teen Dream is their best album.

I don't hate "Used to Be" or anything, it just seems like more of a trifle compared to some of the album's highlights. The middle starts to sag a bit after the fantastic opening four and picks back up for good with "Ten Mile Stereo," which is a thing of beauty.

April 22 can't get here soon enough. And the ticket was cheaper than the album. Neato.

I'm glad Impy pushed me to listen to this. I'd written them off. Also, I sincerely hope they don't break out the cacophony of shitty drum machines in April when you see them, Impy.

If their recent set of rehearsal performances on Pitchfork.tv are any indication, I'm going to enjoy the show even with drum machines. Plus they did have an actual drummer there. Suppose time will tell.

If their recent set of rehearsal performances on Pitchfork.tv are any indication, I'm going to enjoy the show even with drum machines. Plus they did have an actual drummer there. Suppose time will tell.

Perhaps. I really do hope you enjoy the show, regardless. They did have a drummer with them in September as well, but he sat there and did a cymbal tap and snare tap maybe 20 times a song. It really wouldn't have been different if he hadn't been there, that's how little he was adding to the sound. Anyway, I feel like I've battered this topic to death. Teen Dream is gorgeous (I still need to listen to their back catalog); I just really didn't feel their live sound.

1blood is quite humble to not have pimped her front page article yet.

:wink:

Heh, well, it's just a blurb, really. A favorable blurb, though.

Plus, don't you know? I be on the front page all the time...I'm kind of a big deal. :wink:

If my bookmark wasn't directly to the forum, I would have known this. Keep me abreast (heh) of what you put up there, because I'd like to read your stuff. I tend to not check the front page since I don't need to hear about Shuttlecock fixing Katrina and 9/11.

If it weren't for Boner, no one would have even heard of Haiti, Imps.

I'll play copy editor and let you know that it's the band's third LP, though. I assume this can be fixed. This is a well-meaning post, btw.

If my bookmark wasn't directly to the forum, I would have known this. Keep me abreast (heh) of what you put up there, because I'd like to read your stuff. I tend to not check the front page since I don't need to hear about Shuttlecock fixing Katrina and 9/11.

Will do. After all, I'm really just here to service your needs. Don't tell anyone, but my bookmark goes straight to the forum too. :shh:

I'll play copy editor and let you know that it's the band's third LP, though. I assume this can be fixed. This is a well-meaning post, btw.

Ooh, good catch. Thanks, and it's fixed.

They're playing in Denver the week I'm there for work. That means I could go to a good show almost every night I'm there. :crazy: I like the record a lot although I think I could get tired of it quickly. I'm already skipping "Used to Be."

Really interested to hear that "10 Mile Stereo" remix.

For what it's worth, joyful, I still haven't got even remotely tired with it. Hopefully it doesn't suffer from Merriweather Post Pavilion sydrome, an album I loved at the beginning of the year and hardly feel compelled to listen to toward the end.

I listened to the first two albums the other day, after really liking Teen Dream. The first album didn't grab me at all, so I won't be revisiting it. The second, however, was pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom