The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The quality really isn't anything to write home about, although it didn't make my ears bleed or anything and it's high enough quality to judge whether or not the songs are good. If you feel that a lower quality listen would somehow negatively impact your opinion, then do skip it for now. I'm on the lookout for a higher quality rip, I'll let you know what I find.

For what it's worth, I had no intention of taking this thread off track or ruining anyone's first experience hearing the album. Scumbo, for one, is a bit of a purist about it, and I respect that. We all have our different methods and rituals with new albums, but it's ultimately just music. Being something about life that consistently doesn't suck, good feelings should follow it.

Well, I still remember the days when 128 was the norm, so it's probably not that bad. And I certainly wouldn't knock anyone who wanted to listen now. But still, I'm really excited to hear it and have been looking forward to this album for a while, so i'll probably just hold off until a quality version is around. I appreciate you letting me know if you come across one :up:

This is out there in 320. Sounds fucking great, in case anyone wants it.

The Hours still cuts out, which is strange. You would think an error like that would be isolated to one rip that gets circulated, but this is considerably better and it's still there. I refuse to believe that's how the song actually goes.

These guys have dominated my music listening time lately. I've been obsessed. Finally heard to the debut, and it's remarkable how well-defined their sound has been from the beginning. I think the pacing has gotten a lot better (parts of the s/t drag, especially near the end) but this band always brings subtle, high quality tunes that just grow and grow.

I can't pick a favorite on Bloom yet, but Troublemaker and Lazuli are remarkable...not to mention Myth. Kind of having the opposite experience that I had with Teen Dream, where Lover of Mine and Norway were instant favorites and the rest felt a bit nondescript.

They really should move up the release date for this with it leaking so early, or at least have a stream available.

Heard a stream of Lazuli and it just makes me want that to happen even more.

yeah, really good album, definitely my 2nd favorite of the year. my only complaint so far is that i have a tough time making it through the entire album. it's more pleasant when i'm able to break it up in two halves. that's more my issue though, not representative of the quality of the album. :up:

Just had my first listen through. It's very nice indeed. I'll need a little more time to sort the songs out, but the initial run through was great. Sounds like it might be a little more airy and flowing than Teen Dream was... That might just be a matter of being unfamiliar with it though. We shall see, but so far, me likey

I was sent a copy of that, and now I've mixed and matched it with the 320 so it's complete and sounds just fine.

Agreed with Phanan that the release date is unreasonably distant.

Any chance you could pm me the 320 torrent file? I've got one, but it's asking for a password and I'm not filling out this 'survey'

Yeah, I hit the same wall and decided to jump through all the hoops. It actually worked. I'll just re-upload the file later through mediafire. I'll name it "gafisanalcoholic.rar" or something to prolong its availability.

You are a gentleman. I was just concerned about being bamboozled into some spyware or something. You don't remember the password offhand, do you?

It's not even that I torrented it. I found it on filestube and had to download a proxy file manager for it to work (cross-checked it on CNET and elsewhere and it came up clean). Real pain in the ass.

Just underlines how into this band I've been lately.

PM sent.

Just plug that 160 version of The Hours in there and you've got about as good as there is at the moment.

Didn't Teen Dream get leaked super early too, in the previous calendar year?

Preordered yesterday, so I should be picking it up after work on day of release. If Lazuli is anything to go by I'm in for a treat.

Ok, this is damn fine. I didn't really like the last one too much, but I may have to reconsider.

:up::up:

I thought Teen Dream was dull too at first, but man, one day it just clicked. Now I love this band, and they're climbing up my last.fm charts swiftly.

I'll give Devotion a try later on today, it's the only one I haven't heard yet.

Beach House Add Summer Tour Dates | News | Pitchfork

Touring with Wild Nothing. No presently scheduled dates for here, I am crying inside and out. (though July 5th is likely the opening date of the Twilight Concert Series in SLC, so I have high hopes)

05-04 Charlottesville, VA - Jefferson Theatre
05-05 Carrboro, NC - Cat's Cradle
05-06 Charleston, SC - Music Farm
05-08 Miami Beach, FL - The Fillmore Miami Beach
05-09 Orlando, FL - Beacham Theater
05-10 Jacksonville, FL - Freebird Live
05-11 Birmingham, AL - The Bottletree
05-12 Athens, GA - The Georgia Theatre
05-13 Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel
05-15 New York, NY - Bowery Ballroom
05-23 Brighton, England - The Haunt
05-24 London, England - Village Underground
05-25 ‪Kortrijk‬, Belgium - De Kreun
05-26 Amsterdam, Netherlands - Melkweg
05-27 Berlin, Germany - Volksbuhne
05-29 Paris, France - Maronguinerie
05-31 Düdingen, Switzerland - Bad Bonn Kilbi Festival
06-02 Barcelona, Spain - Primavera Festival (evening)
06-03 Montpellier, France - Le Rockstore
06-04 Bordeaux, France - Theatre Barbey
06-05 Nantes, France - Stereolux
06-06 Lyon, France - Epicrerie Moderne
06-07 Blarritz, France - L'Atabal
06-08-09 Porto, Portugal - Primavera Festival (evening)
07-01 San Diego, CA - House of Blues *
07-03 Los Angeles, CA - El Rey *
07-06 Aspen, CO - Belly Up *
07-07 Albuquerque, NM - Sunshine Theater *
07-09 Tulsa, OK - Cain's Ballroom *
07-10 Lawrence, KS - Liberty Hall *
07-11 St. Louis, MO - The Pageant *
07-12 Memphis, TN - Minglewood Hall *
07-13 Louisville, KY - Forestcastle Festival
07-15 Chicago, IL - Pitchfork Music Festival
07-17 Indianapolis, IN - The Vogue *
07-18 Pontiac, MI - The Crofoot Ballroom *
07-19 Cleveland, OH - House of Blues *
07-20 Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall *
07-21 Pittsburgh, PA - Mr. Small's Theatre *
07-23 New York, NY - Central Park SummerStage
08-31 Sussex, England - End of the Road Festival
11-02 London, England - Roundhouse

* with Wild Nothing

Damn it.

At least if they're selling the glow in the dark Bloom at the Bowery show, a friend is going to snag me one.

Back
Top Bottom