The Teen Dream that won't end up with you on To Catch a Predator AKA Beach House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Co-signed. Great show. Irene was surprisingly intense with the addition of live percussion. No hidden track.

I love that they had fucking fog machines and lights obscured by fan blades that made them look like part of a living music video out of MTV's heyday.

Just got back from the show.

My view

BAKsd7uCYAIe4ZQ.jpg:large

They really were pretty damn great. Better than I was expecting. I have to agree with the comments on the live drummer, that makes it so much better. The venue was a bit too large for them I thought.

For me the highlights were Lazuli (particularly the part about halfway through where it breaks down then Victoria starts singing "like no other you can't be replaced"), New Year, Zebra, Wishes, Myth and Irene, which was great as a closer. That guitar is absolutely sublime. Norway and Silver Soul, my two fav Beach House tunes, both fell a little flat.

Victoria's pretty attractive as it turns out, when she doesn't have her hair all over her face. Her voice is amazing. I was pretty astounded, I don't think she missed a note all night, it was just like the records except better. The guitarist dude is terrific as well.

Over the first few songs I was kind of wishing I was at Hot Chip and if I had my time over again I'd go see them instead, but after a few songs I'd forgotten about it and was just enjoying Beach House. I'll just have to try and stop thinking about what I missed and appreciate what I saw. I'm not nearly as big a fan as the rest of you but it was a great show.

They really were pretty damn great. Better than I was expecting. I have to agree with the comments on the live drummer, that makes it so much better. The venue was a bit too large for them I thought.

For me the highlights were Lazuli (particularly the part about halfway through where it breaks down then Victoria starts singing "like no other you can't be replaced"), New Year, Zebra, Wishes, Myth and Irene, which was great as a closer. That guitar is absolutely sublime. Norway and Silver Soul, my two fav Beach House tunes, both fell a little flat.

Victoria's pretty attractive as it turns out, when she doesn't have her hair all over her face. Her voice is amazing. I was pretty astounded, I don't think she missed a note all night, it was just like the records except better. The guitarist dude is terrific as well.

Over the first few songs I was kind of wishing I was at Hot Chip and if I had my time over again I'd go see them instead, but after a few songs I'd forgotten about it and was just enjoying Beach House. I'll just have to try and stop thinking about what I missed and appreciate what I saw. I'm not nearly as big a fan as the rest of you but it was a great show.
THIS WORLD lS NOT FAIR.

Seriously, though, glad you enjoyed it/have seen the light.

Gotta say, their songs kinda the same. I thought they opened with Myth (turns out it was Wild) and then there were about three other songs I thought were Myth.

Not really a criticism, because they're all so good, but until I looked up the setlist I was only sure of about five or six songs.

The other thing that impressed me was the layering. It's amazing how only three of them can make it sound like there's five or six people. Irene was a highlight for that - the drummer just played the same one hit for about 30 seconds then the guitarist very gradually came in, getting louder and louder, as did Victoria, before they all broke back into the song proper perfectly. It was a joy to watch.

I've skipped through it to see what it looks like, but haven't been able to watch / listen to it all yet. Looks amazing from what I saw.

Ah yes, there's that version of The Hours I didn't like - with the guitar buried in the mix. But that version of Irene makes up for it. Cool video.

Eric directed a Beach House video?!?!?!!?

I cannot possibly get home soon enough to watch this :hyper:

Haha. That definitely has a Tim and Eric's feel to it. I really like that song too

I loved that. I chuckled a few times, but mostly that was a nice looking video.

I'm proud of you, Eric.

Back
Top Bottom