The Strokes Return To The Studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes it's good to have a lot of negative comments before hand, as you go in with low expectations, and end up quite happy if you find a good number of the songs enjoyable.

Overall, I think it's better than the last album, but probably doesn't have anything as good as the best tracks on the last album. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting, I actually liked the vast majority of it.

It feels more like a Phoenix album than a Strokes album to me. I really like Machu Picchu, Under Cover of Darkness, Games, Gratisfaction, and Life is Simple in the Moonlight. Don't care for You're So Right, Call Me Back or Metabolism. Two Kinds of Happiness and Taken For a Fool are okay. Would have been a great EP.

It seems like I'm the only one who likes You're So Right. I'm already becoming tired of Under Cover Of Darkness.

Just listened to it the first time last night...loved it. "Taken For A Fool" is probably my favorite song so far, will "Games" and "Two Kinds Of Happiness" up there as well. I'm still kind of lukewarm on "Metabolism", but a great album overall.

Sorry to double-post, but looks like the band is going to start working on LP5 in April. Yes, of this year:
The Strokes to start work on 'Angles' follow-up album in April | News | NME.COM
Nice to see that some bands, unlike some other bands, are able to write, record, and release material without having to resort to BS excuses about hitting "rich veins of songwriting" and being "lost in the music".

Yes, I am bitter. :wink:

Wow, so those are the least Stroke-y vocals in the history of the Strokes.

But, my goodness, what a tune.

Floored, really. I hope they've recorded ninety million songs for this new album. I could listen to new Strokes tracks for the rest of my life and never get tired of it.

Yeah those vocals are really weird. I'd never guess this is a Strokes song.

Fun song though.

COMEDOWN MACHINE.

Love the title.

Interestingly enough, the album clocking in at 37 minutes actually makes it the second longest of their career. Ha.

Can't wait.

Here's the official lyric sheet for One Way Trigger, posted on Julian's site:

ONE_WAY_TRIGGER_FINALART.jpeg

That one is pretty good. Short and sweet.

I still can't get over how horrible One Way Trigger was. Terrible idea, worse execution. If it were an instrumental, it might have been a decent b-side for totally different band.

All The Time is catchy as fuck. That little bouncy vocal hook in the chorus is a lot of fun. I have no idea what he's saying, though. I needs lyrics ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom