The Shins...new album and general discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phanan, the article details that they intend to release a debut early next year and are already discussing/working on a second album.

I for one have always thought Kissing the Lipless and Sleeping Lessons were two of the weakest, and most overrated, songs on their respective albums. :shh:

I realize I'm in the minority on this.

No, I haven't, and I can't find it on iTunes.

That would be because EMI sucks and wouldn't let them officially release it. I think this would be a case where downloading is okay, Scumbo. Even Danger Mouse himself recommended doing so with this album.

All I want is that song, I'll have to search some blogs or some lame crap like that.

The NPR stream is still up? That's pretty cool, considering they first put it out there over the summer. Glad you figured out a way to hear the song.

Was not expecting the move to Columbia, but, on the upside, new album in 2012! It's been far too long since Wincing The Night Away.

So The Shins aren't really The Shins anymore, right? It's Mercer with some new people?

header.jpg

March release. Mercer apparently performed most of the instruments on the album himself, so it looks like this is a one man band now, aside from touring. Columbia Records is the label. :huh:

1. The Rifle's Spiral
2. Simple Song
3. It's Only Life
4. No Way Down
5. September
6. Bait and Switch
7. Fall of '82
8. For a Fool
9. 40 Mark Strasse
10. Port of Morrow

Badass album cover. Not sure what the other guys contributed, but I suppose we'll find out soon.

mark me as excited. "Wincing" is one of my favorites from last decade. i keep coming back to it.

Fun fact: The cover art is by Jacob Escobedo, the same guy who did the cover for Broken Bells.
Also, I can't wait for this album. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom