The RUSH APPRECIATION Thread! Awesome! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 793
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Probably, but Argentina and Chile are considerably more pricey to get to from Canada than Mexico and Rio..at least last I checked

(and believe me, I checked!! )
You mean plane tickets? Cause i can tell you for a fact that Brazil is much more expensive than Argentina. 1 Dollar = 2 Reais (our money). 1 Dollar = 4,7 Pesos (Argentina money).
__________________

__________________
OpenG180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Yep plane tickets...maybe if I flew from Buffalo it would be cheaper..next tour I will check again!
__________________

__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,219
Local Time: 01:25 AM
(Assuming this really is an appreciation thread)

RUSH - without a doubt, one of my favorite bands. Alex, Geddy and Neil making some damn great (frequently incredible) music together. Very pissed at myself for missing out when they came here during the Snakes & Arrows Tour in 2008.

Would have loved to seen them during the Time Machine Tour in 2010/2011, heard the tour they're doing this year in support of the new album (which is really good!) is not that good. Shame.

Currently listening to Time Stand Still - incredible, incredible song.
__________________
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 793
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15
(Assuming this really is an appreciation thread)

RUSH - without a doubt, one of my favorite bands. Alex, Geddy and Neil making some damn great (frequently incredible) music together. Very pissed at myself for missing out when they came here during the Snakes & Arrows Tour in 2008.

Would have loved to seen them during the Time Machine Tour in 2010/2011, heard the tour they're doing this year in support of the new album (which is really good!) is not that good. Shame.

Currently listening to Time Stand Still - incredible, incredible song.
Time stand still is excellent. Top 10 for me.
__________________
OpenG180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #20
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:25 AM
I love Time Stand Still too. The video is super cheesy tho! lol
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:25 PM
I like Tom Sawyer.
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:25 AM
RUSH play two nights of the Clockwork Angels Tour at the Air Canada Centre in a few...October 14 and 16. Ticketbastard, per usual.
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #23
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
I like Tom Sawyer.
That's a great tune, no need to hide when declaring you like it.
__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Schloopen View Post
That's a great tune, no need to hide when declaring you like it.
Well, I was hiding because I figure it's a common Rush tune to like, and I'm not very familiar with their body of work like most Rush fans who might be posting here would be. But yes, it's a great song! It grew on me.
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #25
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonocomet View Post
Well, I was hiding because I figure it's a common Rush tune to like, and I'm not very familiar with their body of work like most Rush fans who might be posting here would be. But yes, it's a great song! It grew on me.
Gotcha.

My fav Rush tune. War Paint.

Rush - War Paint - YouTube
__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:02 PM   #26
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Anyone seen this?

Passat Rocking Out Commercial - 2012 Motor Trend Car of the Year - YouTube

Rush fans are PISSED.
__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bonocomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: California :)
Posts: 67,032
Local Time: 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Schloopen View Post
I saw that! So they're pissed? I never thought about that, I wonder how U2 fans would react to a guy singing badly with Streets.

And I'll check out your other recommendations.
__________________
bonocomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #28
War Child
 
purpleblackeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 742
Local Time: 05:25 AM
I saw Rush in Philadelphia on Friday. It was my first time seeing them and they were really great. The songs from the new album in particular were excellent - the orchestra backing was a nice touch and not distracting.

I actually just started listening to Rush the last couple of years, and feel like they get a bad rap. No one can deny their technical mastery, and, contrary to what people might think, they are very intelligent and humorous guys. The documentary Beyond the Lighted Stage is worth watching even if you are not a fan.

Anyway, I hate to admit it, but if only U2 could produce an album as dynamic and ambitious as Clockwork Angels, that would make me happy. All the more incredible considering the band has been around for over 40 years.
__________________
purpleblackeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #29
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 793
Local Time: 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purpleblackeye
I saw Rush in Philadelphia on Friday. It was my first time seeing them and they were really great. The songs from the new album in particular were excellent - the orchestra backing was a nice touch and not distracting.

I actually just started listening to Rush the last couple of years, and feel like they get a bad rap. No one can deny their technical mastery, and, contrary to what people might think, they are very intelligent and humorous guys. The documentary Beyond the Lighted Stage is worth watching even if you are not a fan.

Anyway, I hate to admit it, but if only U2 could produce an album as dynamic and ambitious as Clockwork Angels, that would make me happy. All the more incredible considering the band has been around for over 40 years.
Did they play Subdivisions? My fave Rush song.
__________________
OpenG180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #30
Refugee
 
Hollow Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,133
Local Time: 01:25 AM
They're opening with it on this tour. I'm seeing them tomorrow for the first time, I can't wait!!! It's going to be awesome. I'm not familiar with their albums between Signals and Clockwork Angels (aside from Roll the Bones), and I'd prefer them to play more from the late 70s/early 80s, but I guess they've played the hell out of most of those songs. It'll be better to kill things they haven't played in a while then play great songs they're sick of, though I'd kill a duck to hear Jacob's Ladder.

Jacobs Ladder - YouTube

the riff at 1:46!!!

I'm super excited to hear so much of Clockwork Angels. It's a great record.

A question to anyone from Toronto: was Limelight the theme, or common bumber music, or frequently played during Blue Jays radio broadcasts in the 80s and early 90s? Every time hear it I hear Tom and Jerry talkin' ball. I hope I'm not insane.
__________________

__________________
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com