The Rolling Stones Survivor - Filling in the Gaps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
Hello Everyone,

It's the time I've alluded to so very often over the last two weeks. The time when all of you do the work for me, and tell me what songs should be included to round out the Tier 3 semi-final. Suggest to me anything from the albums we will not be doing polls for: Under Cover, Dirty Work, Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon. Suggest to me B-Sides, Standalone singles, Greatest hits filler, etc. If other people back you up, it will be included.

For a guide on how I did this previously, please refer to this similar thread for The Cure survivor: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f221/the-cure-survivor-submit-your-favorite-b-sides-214831.html

I will leave this thread active until Monday, October 26th at 7:30 AM PST. Or just about one week from today exactly.

Here's some helpful ideas to get the conversation started:

Jumping Jack Flash
Honky Tonk Women
Doom and Gloom
Little Red Rooster

Not so sure "Doom and Gloom" is a helpful idea. :wink:

Clearly Jumpin Jack Flash and Honky Tonk Women belong in there.

A few other suggestions:

She Was Hot from Undercover
One Hit (To the Body) from Dirty Work
Sad Sad Sad, Terrifying, Rock and A Hard Place and Continental Drift from Steel Wheels (how the F "A Bigger Bang" gets its own poll and this album doesn't is perplexing)
Love is Strong from Voodoo Lounge

If people agree with you about Steel Wheels, I'll do a thread, if there's that many singles/great tracks from it. There's enough time between now and Monday to do it. I definitely admit to knowing very little about the Stones beyond Tattoo You, until A Bigger Bang, since that album came out while I was in high school and kinda started this big Rolling Stones resurgence in my mind. So, I have no idea beyond the 80s what was a hit and what was a miss, and had always assumed it was all misses.

I picked Doom and Gloom a) as a joke and b) as the only song from a greatest hits I knew well because of just. how. much. the radio was playing it out here last year. :crack:

Was Ruby Tuesday already in this? That would be one along with Honky Tonk Women & Jumping Jack Flash. Another B-Side: Dandelion. Also I forget if Play With Fire was included for out of our heads, but that would be one.

Undercover:
Too Much Blood
Undercover of the Night
Too Tough

Dirty Work:
One Hit (To The Body)

Steel Wheels:
Mixed Emotions
Terrifying
Rock and a Hard Place
Almost Hear You Sigh

Flashpoint:
Highwire

Voodoo Lounge:
Love Is Strong
Blinded By Rainbows
Baby Break It Down

Bridges To Babylon:
Anybody Seen My Baby?
Saint of Me
Low Down

Forty Licks:
Don't Stop

Grrr!:
Doom and Gloom

Steel Wheels:
-Mixed Emotions
-Almost Hear You Sigh
-Slipping Away

Voodoo Lounge:
-Love Is Strong
-The Worst
-Out of Tears

Bridges to Babylon:
-Anybody Seen My Baby?
-You Don't Have to Mean It
-Saint of Me

A Bigger Bang:
-Rough Justice

Forty Licks:
-Don't Stop
-Losing My Touch

Bigger Bang - Streets of Love

Exile (reissue) - Plundered My Soul

Ah yes Plundered My Soul is a good one. Out Of Tears also.

I think there's a poll for Bigger Bang. But if not: Rough Justice, Streets of Love, Oh No Not You Again, It Won't Take Long, Laugh I Nearly Died.

Out of Control and Flip the Switch from Bridges to Babylon.

:lol: i don't know, i could see a case made for some of the verve's stuff being part of the poll moreso than that doom and gloom song.

lmao, so much hatred for Doom and Gloom, lol.

I might wonder how far Bittersweet Symphony would get >_>

Back
Top Bottom