The Replacements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
they're getting the band back together! woo hoo!!!

I know, i know - it's not the WHOLE band, but gimme a break.

The thought of Paul and Tommy and whoever else is on the stage plugging in, turning up, and playing those songs has put a BIG smile on my face.

I got my tickets for Riot Fest chicago a few weeks ago based on what already appeared to be an awesome lineup (Violent Femmes, Blondie, Quicksand, Dinosaur jr, Bob Mould, Motorhead ,Guided by Voices, Public Enemy,, Best Coast, TOOTS!). The Mats headlining just pushed this thing WAY over the top.

Me and the lady went last year and it was a blast. A really great vibe at the park, lots of great food, and a fun ride on the ferris wheel watching some california punks rile up the crowd.

Back to the matter at hand - The Replacements - i woulda paid an arm and a leg to see Westerberg solo in the hopes of hearing some Mats live, but this is really fucking fantastic news. I've had their albums on repeat the past several days - Let it Be has me feeling like i'm 14 all over again. Awesome news.

Nice find, though it appears to mix solo Westerberg and Tommy's side project Bash & Pop (whose first album was very good) with the Mats stuff.

I got no problems that it mixes the solo stuff. I love pauls solo stuff. 14 songs gets filed with the Replacements at my house. "knockin on mine", "things" (oh those things...), and "down love" and "mannequin shop"... and a whole bunch of others are great tunes.

I don't know that Tommy Stinson solo album, tho. i'll have to check it out. thx for the tip.

They're working.

968772_399313046845680_53796890_n.jpg

I wish it would escalate to you dying in a horribly painful manner.

You wish I was dead? My wife left alone and my child with no father? My body breathless and covered in dirt?

You actually hope for such an occasion? You've actively "wished" for it?

Wonderful. WTF?

Which are you responding to? The one who wishes I was dead or the one who said my wife is of low moral fiber?

Indeed. You guys have cornered the market on funny jokes.

Nothing funnier than wishing people would die.

Well, actually, if there's a correlation to dead anyone jokes and dead baby jokes, the only thing funnier than one dead you would be 100 dead yous.

Back
Top Bottom