The Replacements - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-26-2013, 12:21 AM   #31
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Three weeks
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #32
Refugee
 
dudeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,201
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Three weeks
Agreed. I'm going, also, and can't wait.

here's the setlist for those that don't feel like clicking the link:

Setlist: The Replacements, Riot Fest, Toronto, ON, Canada

1. “Takin’ a Ride”
2. “I’m in Trouble”
3. “Favorite Thing”
4. “Hanging Downtown”
5. “Color Me Impressed”
6. “Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out”
7. “Kiss Me On the Bus”
8. “Androgynous”
9. “Achin’ to Be”
10. “I Will Dare”
11. “Love You ‘Til Friday”
12. “Maybellene” (Chuck Berry cover)
13. “Merry Go Round”
14. “Wake Up”
15. “Borstal Breakout” (Sham 69 cover)
16. “Little Mascara”
17. “Left of the Dial”
18. “Alex Chilton”
19. “Swingin’ Party” (“Special request from our friend Slim back home”)
20. “Can’t Hardly Wait”
21. “Bastards of Young”

22. “Everything is Coming Up Roses” (From ‘Songs For Slim’ EP)
23. “IOU”

Their catalog is so good that they would probably have to play for several hours to get to everything you'd want to hear, but that list right there is a pretty good primer.

Little Mascara => Bastards of Young is a pretty insane run.
__________________

__________________
dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,279
Local Time: 09:45 AM
No Here Comes A Regular? That's silly.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 07:45 AM
Four songs from Sorry Ma is probably four too many. And those are far from the best. Where's Customer, I Hate Music, Rattlesnake?

Swingin' Party is one of the weakest songs on Tim.

At least they didn't totally ignore All Shook Down.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #35
Refugee
 
dudeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,201
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Four songs from Sorry Ma is probably four too many. And those are far from the best. Where's Customer, I Hate Music, Rattlesnake?

Swingin' Party is one of the weakest songs on Tim.

At least they didn't totally ignore All Shook Down.
Why so negative?
Agreed, Swingin' Party ain't the hottest tune on Tim. But they played Bastards, Mascara, Left of the Dial, Kiss me on the Bus. Nothing to complain about there.

I also REALLY like All Shook Down and Don't Tell a Soul- glad they're dusting off some music from those.
__________________
dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:13 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,000
Local Time: 07:45 AM
If it was a great setlist, I'd be positive. Yeah, they plays some great songs. Because they're the fucking Replacements and they have a LOT of them.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #37
45:33
 
cobl04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: East Point to Shaolin
Posts: 55,037
Local Time: 02:45 AM
Sounds to me like you would be more excited if they made a few REPLACEMENTS in the setlist?
__________________
cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:20 PM   #38
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudeman View Post
Agreed. I'm going, also, and can't wait.

here's the setlist for those that don't feel like clicking the link:

Setlist: The Replacements, Riot Fest, Toronto, ON, Canada

1. “Takin’ a Ride”
2. “I’m in Trouble”
3. “Favorite Thing”
4. “Hanging Downtown”
5. “Color Me Impressed”
6. “Tommy Gets His Tonsils Out”
7. “Kiss Me On the Bus”
8. “Androgynous”
9. “Achin’ to Be”
10. “I Will Dare”
11. “Love You ‘Til Friday”
12. “Maybellene” (Chuck Berry cover)
13. “Merry Go Round”
14. “Wake Up”
15. “Borstal Breakout” (Sham 69 cover)
16. “Little Mascara”
17. “Left of the Dial”
18. “Alex Chilton”
19. “Swingin’ Party” (“Special request from our friend Slim back home”)
20. “Can’t Hardly Wait”
21. “Bastards of Young”

22. “Everything is Coming Up Roses” (From ‘Songs For Slim’ EP)
23. “IOU”

Their catalog is so good that they would probably have to play for several hours to get to everything you'd want to hear, but that list right there is a pretty good primer.

Little Mascara => Bastards of Young is a pretty insane run.
Again, very jealous. That's a really good set.
__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #39
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Pretty nice show. Here be the audio.

Listen to The Replacements’ first concert in 22 years — stream full 75-minute Riot Fest set — slicing up eyeballs // 80s alternative music, college rock, indie
__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #40
Refugee
 
dudeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,201
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Countdown is on. 60 hours or so...

you could say i'm excited.

Replacements-Bastards of Young - YouTube
__________________
dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:45 AM
So, I have to admit that I'm wholly ignorant on The Replacements apart from the obvious hits. Time to correct this. Would anyone point me to a good place to start?
__________________
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,279
Local Time: 09:45 AM
Buy Let It Be, Tim, and Pleased To Meet Me and listen to them now.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #43
Refugee
 
dudeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,201
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Buy Let It Be, Tim, and Pleased To Meet Me and listen to them now.
Agree 100%.

it'll take you like 90-100 minutes, and you won't regret a single second.
__________________
dudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
gump's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 7,927
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Thanks, guys. Ordered Pleased to Meet Me, will try to get the other two in a physical store over the weekend.
__________________
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #45
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,100
Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Thanks, guys. Ordered Pleased to Meet Me, will try to get the other two in a physical store over the weekend.
You're gonna have a really good weekend.
__________________

__________________
Von Schloopen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com