The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw them at the Weenie Roast last night, quite disappointing but then I had very high hopes for them. Bad sound, way too high on the bill for the mainly Punk / Metal audience (Metallica was headlining), relatively low energy compared to storming sets from Pennywise, Bad Religion and Rise against.

So, maybe not all their fault, but they didn't exactly try and work the crowd too much and the constant feedback on Jack's guitar was annoying, yes I know he wants to prove he's badass blues mutha by having a lot of distortion but he just ended sounding shrill and annoying. Highlight was Blue Veins/shades of black played back to back.

The marquee outside of the Music Box Theatre in Hollywood read: Albert Einstein, Jesus Christ, The Beatles...and The Raconteurs just about lived up to the billing.

Amazing show.

Were you there with your son? I thought I saw you walking out after the show. You should have told me you had gotten tickets! :madspit:

I don't know about living up to that marquee though :wink:
But my feet and my back are sore from standing for 4+ hours. They didn't open the balcony to the general public, and apparently there was no air circulating once the opening band came on :|

Lila64 said:
Were you there with your son? I thought I saw you walking out after the show. You should have told me you had gotten tickets! :madspit:

I don't know about living up to that marquee though :wink:
But my feet and my back are sore from standing for 4+ hours. They didn't open the balcony to the general public, and apparently there was no air circulating once the opening band came on :|

Yes...that was me with my son Will. You should have said hello....I was looking around for you. You do get bonus points for recognizing a disheveled me with 4 day beard growth. :wink:

I didn't get back from my trip until after 5 and then went down for a much needed nap. A client emailed that he was able to come up with two tickets and left them at will call. We didn't get there until after 9 and ended up watching from the top of the stairs and at such a small venue it was close enough.

Sounds like there will be other So. Cal shows with that closing of "See you soon."

If you were facing the stage, I was on the step right to the left of the mixing board. We had gotten in the will call line at 6:30pm. Doors opened shortly after 7:00pm. Had we known they were not going to open the balcony, we could have waited til 9:00pm to arrive! Why the hell would we get there so early otherwise? Apparently, the band had reserved the whole balcony. A few people were able to slip thru I heard (someone said she was pregnant :der: ) . The theory was that after the 2nd or 3rd song of the Raconteurs, they MIGHT open the balcony to the general public. Apparently they never did, though hubby somehow finagled his way to a seat up there. The venue said it was the band who reserved it, other people said it was the promoter. Whatever. Oh and apparently you can't bring gum into the venue. They are afraid of ruining their carpet. WTF? :angry: And no cameras, but I obviously saw many. When they searched my purse, I have about 6 zippered sections. He checked the 1 section that had my gum :der: I could have had a camera, gun, drugs, etc. :der: Never had a "pat-down" by security, though hubby did. He said they checked him so closely that they practically grabbed the family jewels :ohmy: He barely carries a cellphone (besides his wallet).

I thought I saw you in a crowd of people leaving the theater, so it would have been hard to stop you :wink:

Glad you were able to get in. I'm sure the band always says 'see you soon' or something like that at the end of shows, no? :shrug:

My legs are tired & sore. 3 nights in a row of shows :crack:

raconteurs_small.jpg

Awesome show! There really isn't much more to say, other than you guys are in for a treat! I'll upload some pics later, assuming they came out alright on my crappy camera.

Oh, and I met Brendan and Jack Lawrence after the show. Brendan hung out with about 6 or 7 of us for about 20 minutes and talked. :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom