The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Listened to it a few times on Sunday, its a good album. May have to buy it once I get some money.

GirlsAloudFan said:

And, I might be crazy, but something about Jack's vocal delivery on the song 'Salute your Solution' reminds me of parts of 'Fast Cars'

I thought the same thing.

Man, this album is so good. It's even better than I had expected. :love:

I won this on a radio morning talk show but it was only the code to download it so I'll have to figure it out before I rate it.

This album is pretty good. I think I still like the first one better though. I listened to them back to back. So many good songs on the first one.

thetitans2k said:
This album is pretty good. I think I still like the first one better though. I listened to them back to back. So many good songs on the first one.

Really? I thought the first one was very pedestrian.

phanan said:

Same here. I find that I really enjoy about half of the first album.

This new one smokes all the way through, though. I've listened several times now, and it just rocks so much more.

Totally agreed. If it'd come out a week earlier I'd've put one of its songs on my DI playlist.... Ah well. That'll be a next-timer. :wink: But yes. This album is waaaaay better than the first one.

I like the first Raconteurs album a lot, I think it's good...BUT...I had expected it to be even greater. It was receiving heaps of praise, plus I adore Jack White and Brendan Benson...so I was a bit disappointed by it, despite liking it. Like I said though, the new album surpassed my expectations. :up:

More dates have been added. Here's the current itinerary:

04-20 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom *
04-21 Seattle, WA - Neumo's *
04-22 Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom *
04-23 San Francisco, CA - Bimbo's 365 Club *
04-25 Indio, CA - Coachella
04-26 Las Vegas, NV - The Joint *
04-28 Denver, CO - The Fillmore Auditorium *
04-29 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theatre *
05-01 Dallas, TX - House of Blues *
05-02 Austin, TX - Stubb's BBQ *
05-03 Austin, TX - Stubb's BBQ *
05-04 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival
05-27 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club ^
05-28 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club ^
05-30 New York, NY - Terminal 5 ^
06-03 Boston, MA - Bank of America Pavilion ^
06-04 Montreal, Quebec - Metropolis ^
06-05 Toronto, Ontario - Ricoh Coliseum ^
06-07 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore ^
06-09 Columbus, OH - LC Amphitheater ^
06-10 Cincinnati, OH - National City Pavilion ^
06-12 St. Louis, MO - Pageant #
06-13 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo
06-26 Arendal, Norway - Hove Festival
07-03 Gdynia, Poland - Heineken Opener Festival
07-12 Kinross, Scotland - T in the Park
07-13 Naas, Ireland - Oxegen Festival

Two DC dates for Lance-in-the-pants, if he's so inclined.

If you guys see them live, notice the keyboard player/3rd guitarist. He's amazing, and I've met him a bunch of times.

they added 2 Nashville Shows..:D

The Raconteurs will be performing two shows in Nashville, TN at the Mercy Lounge on April 14th and 15th to kick off their North American tour. Pre-sale tickets will go on sale this Friday via the band’s website at 10 am CST, you will need to go to the “tour dates” section of theraconteurs.com and click on the pre-sale link at the top of the page to access them. There is a two ticket limit per person and you must be 18 years of age or older to attend. All tickets will be held at will call and can only be picked up with the proper ID of the person who purchased them, no name changes will be allowed. Once tickets are picked up from will call, immediate entry into the venue is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom