The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got us three crappy seats for the Greek show. :up: I tried about four times. Stupid doctor's appointment. :grr: Of course, the appointment kept me home from work today. :shifty: But if I'd been at work, I coulda tried at 10 when the tickets went on sale. I thought about waiting till Saturday for the general sale, but now I don't have to worry about it.

Either way, we're going. :D

I tried just to see what was available. Obviously they got progressively worse as I tried. Money is tight at the moment, so we'll just wait & see. We've got 3 months til the show, and we did just see them a few weeks ago :sigh:

Ok, remind me never to complain about those seats again. No one showed up in front of us, and it was like we had balcony seats. We could see and hear perfectly.

It was an awesome show, not quite loud enough, but that's the Greek for you.

I'm damn tired right now, with stuff to do, but it really was a great show.

Great show last night though I thought the show at the Henry Fonda was better. The guys seemed tired and only played for 75 minutes. I guess it's been a long tour. Also, watching them from up close...not sure if there is a lot love going on between Jack White and Brendan Benson...hope they last as a unit.

Back to back nights at the Greek. The night before was My Morning Jacket. First time seeing them and was very impressed. Great crowd.

We sat next to a record company executive who said that Led Zeppelin is definitely going to be touring and that they are in rehearsals now.:up: I read this online this morning that they're still waiting on Robert Plant to show up but I'm under the impression that this tour is a go.

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

We sat next to a record company executive who said that Led Zeppelin is definitely going to be touring and that they are in rehearsals now.:up: I read this online this morning that they're still waiting on Robert Plant to show up but I'm under the impression that this tour is a go.

If this is true :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Your friend Mark kicks ass. :up:

If that's still him, he was very very good last night.

I haven't talked to him in awhile, so I'm not positive he's still playing with them, but from what I can tell by the pictures above, that's him (of course, as he's only in one and distant, I can't really tell).

Great pics. They appear to be tearing it up this tour.

I ran into little Jack Lawrence at the Jacket show in August, now I will see the two Jacks and Brendon and Patrick on Tuesday night at the Ryman before seeing the Jacket again a week later in Chicago.

This year has been too good to me music-wise.

:sad: Percy isn't going to be doing any tour with Zep according to his website. He made an official statement:

Robert Plant – Official Statement
29th September 2008
Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are currently touring the USA on the last leg of their 'Raising Sand' tour. They played a benefit concert in Oklahoma City for victims of Hurricane Ike last Friday; Austin,Texas last Saturday and tomorrow they play Portland, Oregon before finishing the tour in Saratoga, California on October 5th.

After those dates, Robert has no intention whatsoever of touring with anyone for at least the next two years. Contrary to a spate of recent reports, Robert Plant will not be touring or recording with Led Zeppelin. Anyone buying tickets online to any such event will be buying bogus tickets.

“It‘s both frustrating and ridiculous for this story to continue to
rear its head when all the musicians that surround the story are keen to get on with their individual projects and move forward,” Robert Plant said.

“I wish Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham nothing but success with any future projects,” he added.

source: News – RobertPlant.com – The official site for Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation

Jack was sick or something. I have not had time to investigate what exactly, but it was so not their best show, esp. after 'roo.

First set only 45 minutes, whole show under 80 minutes, his voice off and flat and his frustration w/himself obvious. He apologized to the crowd out loud. You know something is up when Jack White has to apologize.

The Kills are priceless. That grrrrl is something else!!

Back
Top Bottom