The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh man, has anyone heard the album w o l v v e s by eaststrikewest? AMAZING. It is completely epic, and I think they pull it off really well. I just finished it for the first time but I think I may listen to it again.

Based on your comments, I just found the song Electricity online and took a listen.

Sounds fantastic. It kinda reminds me of Interpol's Turn On The Bright Lights with post-rock elements blended in.

Based on your comments, I just found the song Electricity online and took a listen.

Sounds fantastic. It kinda reminds me of Interpol's Turn On The Bright Lights with post-rock elements blended in.

yeah and that's not even the best song on the album imo

I've been really into post-rock lately (I could definitely do a DI of nothing but post-rock :D ) and one of my happy discoveries is: Greek post-rock bands! they exist. I'm going to study abroad in Athens next semester so I'm hoping I can see some shows and maybe even form a post-rock band of my own. that would be too cool. I've been writing a lot of post-rock stuff lately.

so far my favourite Greek post-rock band is Misuse, who have opened for Mogwai... like a lot of post-rock their songs build up, with some badass heavier riffs. kinda remind me of upcdowncleftcrightcabc+start, maybe? if anyone is interested I can send you their album. there are two free songs on last.fm but I don't think they're their best.

The American Dollar have a new album coming out on January 1st.

31tFgDcBOZL._SS500_.jpg

Me very excited.

The American Dollar have a new album coming out on January 1st.

31tFgDcBOZL._SS500_.jpg

Me very excited.

need to get this...you put a song of theirs on one of your DIs and I absolutely loved it. Rudiments of a Spiritual Life. Gorgeous.

if anyone is interested here is a post-rock song I recorded - Your moat is a sea on PureVolume.com?

no drums unfortunately, just guitars and bass. influences include We Vs. Death, Tides From Nebula, If These Trees Could Talk, and Bloc Party

I finally get to see Caspian next week, I'm from Massachusetts so it's kind of an embarrassment that it's taken me this long to be able to go see them. In a church no less.

Same, Four Trees is more listenable, but it's also a lot more clearly influenced by other bands.

More people need to know about Caspian, seriously. But having the experience of seeing them amongst all of 50 people is still pretty cool, so there are upsides.

This is more post-metal and shoegaze than post-rock, but it's probably the closest thread in terms of relevance to post it.

Alcest has announced he's begun recording for a new album to be released early next year.

Very excited for this. Souvenirs d'un autre monde was my favorite album from 2007.

And we have a date and title...

Alcest's new album "Ecailles De Lune" (release: March 29, 2010) will be released in the following formats:

1) Digibook CD (standard first press edition)

2) Deluxe edition box (incl. Digibook CD, wallflag, patch, and set of postcards; lim. 1.000)

3) Gatefold vinyl (incl. poster, there'll be two different versions: "classic edition" in black vinyl, lim. 500; "deep sea edition" in blue vinyl, 500 copies)

More information plus pre-order possibilities soon!

Red Sparowes tour dates:

US / CANADA TOUR DATES:
We'll be launching a full tour of US and Canada on March 29th in support of the new album. Doomriders and Caspian are alternating main support. All confirmed tour dates are as follows (additional dates will be announced soon):
03/29 Phoenix, AZ @ Rhythm Room **
03/30 Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad **
04/01 Dallas, TX @ Lola�s **
04/02 Austin, TX @ Red 7 **
04/03 Houston, TX @ Rudyard�s **
04/05 Baton Rouge, LA @ Spanish Moon **
04/08 Orlando, FL @ the Social **
04/09 Atlanta, GA @ the Earl **
04/10 Chapel Hill @ Local 506 **
04/11 Washington DC @ Rock & Roll Hotel **
04/13 New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge **
04/14 New York, NY @ Mercury Lounge **
04/15 Boston, MA @ the Middle East **
04/16 Montreal, QC @ La Sala Rossa **
04/17 Toronto, ON @ the Garrison **
04/21 Chicago, IL @ Lincoln Hall #
04/22 Madison, WI @ High Noon #
04/23 Minneapolis, MN @ 400 Bar #
04/26 Denver, CO @ Larimer Lounge #
04/27 Salt Lake City, UT @ Urban Lounge #
04/29 Seattle, WA @ Neumo�s #
04/30 Vancouver, BC @ the Biltmore #
05/01 Portland, OR @ the Hawthorne #
05/02 Eugene, OR @ WOW Hall #
05/05 Santa Cruz, CA @ Crepe Place #
05/06 Santa Cruz, CA @ Crepe Place #
05/07 San Francisco, CA @ Great American Music Hall #
05/08 Los Angeles, CA @ the Echoplex #
05/09 San Diego, CA @ the Casbah #
** With Doomriders
# With Caspian

Whoooooooooooooooo! I was kind of wondering what was going to happen with that other album's worth of material from their last sessions.

Back
Top Bottom