The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Err, so, I worked for 8 hours previous to the show, doing crazy cleaning of dorm rooms...and I ended up not going. :(

I hate that this thread has gone silent.

I am listening to 'At the Soundless Dawn' and just noticed that Red Sparowes has a new EP out (seems to be a download only thing). How is it, has anyone heard it?

Also, it looks like 65daysofstatic are coming back through here in November. I have tickets to see Mogwai in Georgia in September (well, my friend has the tickets, I have to get to Atlanta to get one) and Sigur Ros here in Sept. as well. Ratatat are also coming here in early Sept, so it will be a good month for post-rocking and instrumental concerts!

Maybeshewill
Exxasens
Toundra
Set the White Flags on Fire Slowly

my post-rock rising stars, check them out... NOW!

I'm going to see Mogwai in September, apparently they're ending the U.S. tour here in Minneapolis. :hyper:

I've heard some Maybeshewill and liked it, I'll have to check out the others you mentioned.

if you are seeing Mogwai I recommend earplugs

"Set the White Flags on Fire Slowly"... is a great name, isn't? so post-rocker

Coming January 2009...

front030608_01.jpg

front030608_02.jpg

front030608_03.jpg

that's an awesome album cover :drool:

Anyone heard of Joy Wants Eternity? I saw them here in Bloomington. They're very good post-rock with some shoegaze influence. Quite overpowering live.

I'm definitely excited for a new God is an Astronaut album, I'm so mad I missed them when they came to Boston.

Go listen, they're an excellent mix of post-rock and electronic music. "All is Violent, All is Bright" is an incredible album.

Sorry, new page, got confused, well that statement stands for anyone who doesn't yet listen to them haha. Glasvegas I've heard of, but I haven't listened to them yet.

that's an awesome album cover :drool:

Anyone heard of Joy Wants Eternity? I saw them here in Bloomington. They're very good post-rock with some shoegaze influence. Quite overpowering live.

:yes: Joy Wants Eternity are really good! I like their album, "You Who Pretend to Sleep."

I'm excited for the new God is an Astronaut album too; hopefully that means some U.S. touring. :drool:

God is an Astronaut but on a great show live :drool:

*saw them at a festival* there was only a few hundred there to see them though...

:bump:

C'mon, I'm going tomorrow morning!!

Didn't see this until today. Definitely Fall of Math or One Time For All Time first. I go back and forth on which of those I prefer. I've said it before and I'll say it again, 'Radio Protector' is flat out one of the best post-rock songs there is. :up:

Damn it, just realized they canceled the show they had planned here in November. Oh well, at least I got to see them open for The Cure.

Back
Top Bottom