The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ripping the new Mono album to my computer. It has 5 tracks, and is 56 mins long. Gotta love post-rock albums. :wink:

Yeah, this Caspian album is pretty fucking impressive. At this stage it's hard for me to say which is the best post-rock album of 2012, this or Red Forest by If These Trees Could Talk.

One of Melbourne's finest, This Is Your Captain Speaking, have just released their third album, Arc. I'd already heard most of the album live and expected something good - it's less mellow than their two previous albums (though still pretty mellow comparatively speaking), and I think it may actually be their best so far. I expect that to be an unpopular opinion, since Storyboard has earned such affection over the years, but I've already got a lot out of it. It's helped me endure marking what seemed to be an insurmountable quantity of essays over the last few days!

From Explosions in the Sky:

TEMPORARY RESIDENCE LTD | SHOP

Hi Everyone, You can now pre-order the Prince Avalanche soundtrack, which is a collaboration between us and our good friend David Wingo. And for those of you who are interested, there is a colored vinyl version available. We're excited for you to hear it.

263262_10150289552619987_496338812_n.jpg

Explosions In The Sky & David Wingo - Prince Avalanche: An Original Soundtrack - YouTube

So excited. There's some great post-rock releases still to come this year.

hmm. russian circles is in the post rock thread. and martha likes russian circles. i like things that wind up in the post rock thread, and have a scary tendency to think the same as martha on many occasions. ergo, i probably need this band in my life.

New Russian Circles has leaked. I've pre-ordered but I caved for the leak anyway.

Fuck me does this album bring it. It's perhaps their most thunderous effort yet. I don't want to jump to conclusions too quickly on the basis of one listen but my first impression is that this might be the best since Station. We'll see if that holds up on repeat listens. I felt that Geneva or Empros, excellent though they are, suffer from a bit of frontloading (nothing on Empros, for instance, quite lives up to "309" and "Mladek"), while Memorial maintains the intensity for its full length.

WiB, you might want to check out the band Red Sparowes, especially The Fear is Excruciating, But Therein Lies the Answer.

And upon a second listen, I found the melodies in the the new Russian Circles. I don't think this will be a favorite, but I do like it.

Back
Top Bottom