The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually quite liked City Of Echoes. It was interesting to hear them go for a different sort of structure.

c'mon, listen "Australasia" and then "City of Echoes", there is a big difference

I'm ok with taking new directions and risks, but this kind of directions and risks are not my cup of tea

boooooring

Checked out my first Godspeed! You Black Emperor track, Motherfucker = Redeemer Part 2, and I really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of Explosions in the Sky and Sigur Ros, so it's cool to sort of discover this whole other genre of music.

I just got The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place on vinyl.

:drool: Sweet sassy molassey, it sounds more amazing than ever.

I just have it on cd, I bought it in Madrid I think, because here in Mexico nobody knows a thing about post-rock ¬¬

funny, EitS, Mogwai, Tristeza (twice!) have visited Mexico

It was only 11.99, too. 2 LPs even.

I'd highly recommend sending away for the vinyl. It's ever so worth it.

I need to get my record player to work, then concentrate on getting some vinyl. :grumpy:

Axver said:
I actually quite liked City Of Echoes. It was interesting to hear them go for a different sort of structure.

Me too. I liked it a great deal actually.

For the first time ever, JitB is WRONG. :(

:wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I need to get my record player to work, then concentrate on getting some vinyl. :grumpy:

Yeah, man. I've been going crazy since Christmas. I've got about 25 albums now. It's really great. Do it to it, Lars.

in the article I wrote (and I will traslate someday :sexywink:) I ascended "Spiderland" as the godfather of post-rock... but for me, I made it clear, just for me

impy13 said:

Yeah, man. I've been going crazy since Christmas. I've got about 25 albums now. It's really great. Do it to it, Lars.

I will... thank you, Juanita.

onebloodonelife said:
I listened to Eluvium's Copia as I was going to bed last night, really good stuff :up:

It's one of the singularly most depressing / moving albums I've listened to in a long time. Damn good though.

I recommend "An Accidental Memory in the Case od Death" by Eluvium

amazing album :up:

thanks :up. they sound interesting, actually good and this is one of the things I like about post-rock, it's global

mexican post-rock:

The Polar Dream

I'm thinking about writing a paper for my rock history class comparing art rock/progressive rock to post-rock. :hmm:

Though, I'm not terribly well versed in progressive rock, any ideas there?

you can start with this line:

prog rock is pretentious and sucks, post-rock is emotional and rocks

j/k!

Back
Top Bottom