The Post-Rock Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go to the last post of page 30. :wink:

I didn't realize it was so soon either though. I'll have to preorder it right now.

EDIT: Never mind, there's no US release yet.

- UK and Europe will be April 26th.
- Japan will be April 28th.
- Rest of the world TBC. (but it’s coming your way, for sure)

Boris are supposed to be deafeningly loud live.

I try to support some of the "popular internationally" Japanese bands, and while I've heard a number of Boris songs I've liked, I've never heard any I liked enough to buy an album. Pink is supposedly really solid though.

This all reminds me that I apparently missed Mono when they were here a week or two ago.

GIAA usually isn't available domestically. I normally purchase directly from them.

The new album is good, although not really any different from what they've done before. I'm still trying to determine how good it is compared to past releases.

Some standout tracks though. The first song, Worlds In Collision, is fantastic, and the title track actually has a guitar riff that rocks.

As for 65, I've been warming to the album, which is a completely different path for them.

Phanan, which GIAA would you say is the best / favorite? I realized I have $11 in credits for Amazon MP3's, may as well use it on something I can't get the CD for.

Cool, All is Violent is the one that I'd liked the clips of the most. I'll probably download that tonight. Thanks, man.

Yes, and omg I loved them. I bought the record that night and have played the hell out of it since.

Awesome! 1Blood recommended them to me recently, and I've been a big fan of the music video for Daisy. I ordered the album from Amazon earlier today, should hopefully be here Friday!

Yes, and omg I loved them. I bought the record that night and have played the hell out of it since.

Totally fucking over the top record, but a lot fun. Feels a bit novelty and one note to me, but it is short enough that it pulls off the neat trick of making theatrical prog metal sound economical and catchy. I do recommend it, and I bet they're a blast live.

As for 65, I've been warming to the album, which is a completely different path for them.

And now, I must say, that the new 65daysofstatic absolutely blows me away.

You won't find another Retreat! Retreat! or Radio Protector on this one, and perhaps I was thrown off because of that, but now that I've given this the full attention it deserves, without any misconceptions, it's one of my favorite albums of the year.

Whoa, I just read that Robert Smith does vocals on one of the songs! I'm still not finding a US release date, but I have $10 credit on Amazon, so I may put it towards the import, and pay the rest. :hmm:

Yeah, Fang Island will likely be fairly high on my year end list. I've only had it a week, and I've listened to it more in that time than most of the "big name" albums that have come out this year.

Robert Smith is actually a huge post-rock fan. He had Mogwai open all of the Curiosa shows, and he repeatedly said in interviews for a few years prior that they were his favorite band. He had 65daysofstatic open all of the US shows on their last tour as well.

Fang Island has been positively ruling my life for a month now, and as of right now, there's no end in sight.

Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we'll be playing a bunch of shows in Europe in May of 2011. If you're interested in getting tickets please go to

www.explosionsinthesky.com/shows.php.

Also, we don't want to say too much about it this early, but our new album will be coming out in spring 2011. We're pretty excited about it.

Thanks for caring.

Love,
Explosions

:drool:

Hi Everyone,

We're pleased to announce that we'll be playing a bunch of shows in Europe in May of 2011. If you're interested in getting tickets please go to

Explosions In the Sky.

Also, we don't want to say too much about it this early, but our new album will be coming out in spring 2011. We're pretty excited about it.

Thanks for caring.

Love,
Explosions

:drool:

I squealed like a little girl when I read this email.

So. Motherfucking. Excited.

Back
Top Bottom