The Police Tour '07 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that was fucking awesome. Was down on the field, so, walked around before the Police went on, and got a close-up view of the dugouts and such....and the show, well, it was just great. I am too tired to go into much detail, but, I really enjoyed it. So glad that one of the few bands on my "have not seen but would love to one day" has now been removed from the list.

I like the Police, but I'm not about to cough up almost $500 for a pair of tix, especially since I've seen mixed reviews for the tour.

I saw Bruce on the field there for less than $200 a pair. If it was in that price range, I'd go in a heartbeat.

Last edited:
phanan said:
I like the Police, but I'm not about to cough up almost $500 for a pair of tix, especially since I've seen mixed reviews for the tour.

The Garden in Nov in Loge 15 or 20 at the $95 price level is the way to go.

phanan said:

I'll bet field seats at Fenway will be had for good prices on eBay and Craig's List over the next two weeks.
I concur.

here's an email from the red sox (several hours after I figured out they had released seats):

RED SOX NEWS
================================

Dear Red Sox Fan,

We are less than a month away from the Police making
their historic visit for two concerts at Fenway Park.
From their early beginnings, the Police were hailed
as a maverick live band - a group that galvanized an
already impressive studio sound into something
otherworldly when performing. Combining controlled
energy and evocative melodies, Sting, Stewart Copeland
and Andy Summers played with the improvisational
instincts of a jazz trio and the raw energy of a
punk-rock band - a blend that made them one of the
definitive rock groups of the'70s and '80s.

We have secured a limited number of tickets from our
friends at Live Nation Concerts and are pleased to
provide redsox.com e-mail subscribers with an
opportunity (first come - first served) to purchase
tickets to one of two Police concerts at Fenway Park:
either Saturday, July 28 or Sunday, July 29 depending
on availability. This opportunity will be executed
on a first come - first served basis while supplies last.

Here's what you may be able to purchase:

- Tickets for both shows are in good locations throughout
the park and on the field.
- Ticket prices (as set by the promoter) are $95 in the
seating bowl and $225 on the field (per seat).

Here's how you can purchase:

- Please log on now to the following Live Nation Web site
to purchase tickets.

July 28 Tickets >>
http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=b0-NczfQQJQ~SuQofTdxP_ztNTqEQYaHjnR

July 29 Tickets >>
http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=c5-8N4DQzO4F~dJTJXzSMjPJEnOhqEa8keR

- Follow the system prompts.
- Online sales only.

NOTE: There are a limited number of tickets available
and customer requests will be processed on a first come -
first served basis until supplies run out. As the ticket
supply diminishes down to single seats, the system prompts
will inform customers to select singles. Please be patient
as there may be waiting periods at peak intervals during
the sale. All tickets will be delivered via regular mail
unless you select express mail during the purchasing process.
For customer service issues call eTix service line at
1-800-514-3849.

Thank you for your continued support this season. Go Red Sox.

For those down under...

07.17.07 Police Tour latest: Australia and New Zealand tour dates confirmed...

The Police Fan Club presale for these shows will start Thursday, July 19 from 9am (local time)...
The Police Fan Club presale for these shows will start Thursday July 19 from 9am (local time). Head to ThePolice.com Tickets at this time to purchase your tickets. The tickets will go on public sale on Monday July 30.

AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND TOUR ITINERARY 2008

17 Jan Westpac Stadium, Wellington
19 Jan Western Springs, Auckland
22 Jan Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
24 Jan Telstra Stadium, Sydney
26 Jan Cricket Ground, Melbourne
28 Jan AAMI Stadium, Adelaide
01 Feb Members Equity Stadium, Perth

Important Fan Club Sale Instructions

Our fan club sale system will generate your fan club sale passcode for you when the shows go live. You will not get a passcode before the fan club sales start. We strongly advise that you carefully review the instructions on how to participate in the fan club presales before they start. View these instructions at Ticket Presale Guidance.

Please note that the Police Fan Club is not just a ticket club. Joining the Fan Club is not a promise that you will be able to get tickets to a show.

Local Time:

What does 'Local Time' mean?

For example: if we say "presales start at 1pm Local Time" and there is a presale in NY, it will happen at 1pm EST and if there is a presale in LA, that presale will start 1pm PST. If you are interested in a presale that is outside your timezone, please make sure to adjust for any time zone difference.

Stay tuned to ThePolice.com Tickets page for more info.

I saw them tonight in Detroit. Great show, one of the best I have ever seen. Read alot of mixed reviews prior. IE, pacing was off, they were out of sync, the versions of the hits they were playing were slowed down, etc... None of that was evident tonight to me. The only artist I have seen that I would say was better to me is U2. If you like The Police at all you should make an effort to go see them. They seem to be hitting their stride now and it was outstanding! :)

Blue Room said:
I saw them tonight in Detroit. Great show, one of the best I have ever seen. Read alot of mixed reviews prior. IE, pacing was off, they were out of sync, the versions of the hits they were playing were slowed down, etc... None of that was evident tonight to me. The only artist I have seen that I would say was better to me is U2. If you like The Police at all you should make an effort to go see them. They seem to be hitting their stride now and it was outstanding! :)

I was at the same show last night and I have to agree 100%. I had my concerns as well, but they were all on fire last night and they were having an awesome time out there and the crowd just ate it up. Seriously, one of the best shows I have EVER seen. :up:

I said to my friend as we were leaving how even the younger bands don't put on nearly as good of a show as they just did. It was amazing. :drool:

Today got an email from Ticketbastard about the Police presale here in Oz and it's not a presale but a "ticket auction". Just what's that all about????? :eyebrow:

blueeyedgirl said:
Today got an email from Ticketbastard about the Police presale here in Oz and it's not a presale but a "ticket auction". Just what's that all about????? :eyebrow:

Whatever you do, don't do it! It's not worth it.

Just buy them the normal way.

Anywho, they are trying to raise money for water aid/relief. And they are doing this by auctioning off the first 3 rows I think. So if you are planning on buying front row tickets, forget it.

I'm Interferencer #3 who was at last night's Detroit show. It was a very good show. I enjoyed the new versions of the old songs (and Sting looks as good as he did in the 80s, too). Stewart Copeland's percussion solos nearly stole the show.

If you're a Police fan, go. You won't regret it.

Allegra said:

Whatever you do, don't do it! It's not worth it.

Just buy them the normal way.

Anywho, they are trying to raise money for water aid/relief. And they are doing this by auctioning off the first 3 rows I think. So if you are planning on buying front row tickets, forget it.
Ok, it sounded like a right scam. I don't need to be that close to the Police, I still want to pretend that they look as they did in 1981 (as did we all :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom