The Police Tour '07 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
REM is said to be recording in Vancouver for the next little while.

They've been friends since the early 80's and at the very least will likely attend to GM shows. Perhaps a Stipe/Sting duet is in the cards for ther 27th?

Added November show in Atlantic City.

The group is now in GM. FP is rehearsing there as well.

Is there a rule about posting 4 times in a row?

u2fp

They were rehearsing OUTSIDE today under some big white tents in the Lower Lonsdale area of North Vancouver on the waterfront!!!

Apparently, you could hear them for blocks and blocks.

Sadly, it appears that many of my friends new and didn't call me ~ they seemed to all think that I knew about

:banghead:

U2FanPeter said:
Buenos Aires Dec. 4 & 5th.

This means that the 2nd US tour leg may only be 3 weeks long.

u2fp

Three weeks? I dont think so.
They finish the Euro Leg Oct. 19, and if they play Buenos Aires in December, that gives at least 5 weeks for the 2nd NA leg

I went by GM last night and there was a lineup of red semi trucks unloading into the garage doors. I could see the bare arena floor cover with roadcases. Everything should be setup by now and they should be playing there over the next couple days.

I had heard rumours last week of them doing outside rehearsals, the band wanted to hear what their materials would sound like in outdoor venues.

u2fp

Ifeelnumb84 said:

Three weeks? I dont think so.
They finish the Euro Leg Oct. 19, and if they play Buenos Aires in December, that gives at least 5 weeks for the 2nd NA leg

Why did they only announce 2 shows in the middle of the 2nd US tour leg?

I have a friend who is part of the 10 game plan for the Red Sox at Fenway Park. Now that they have finished going through all the regular season ticket holders, people who are part of the 10 game plan are being emailed asking whether they are interested in tickets. Once they go through this group, I'm sure we'll see some drops for the Fenway shows.

So even though the shows are considered to be sold out, technically, that is not the case, which was what Hewson and I were talking about way back when.

There's 4 different videoclips from the outdoor rehearsal on youtube.

I heard some of the GM rehearsals tonight. Sting's singing sounds absolutely fabulous - he was hitting notes I thought he wouldn't even dare try on this tour, let alone a rehearsal. Everything sounded very casual and comfortable. One guard told me they were playing off and on from mid-afternoon untilearly evening. Sorry, can't offer any song titles.

I think they may take saturday off, with a slight possibility of a cameo at the local Fiction Plane Club show. Then on sunday it's full steam ahead with the dress rehearsal fan-only show. Tour openers are Monday and Wednesday.

I did get a small idea as to the light show. Lots of white light to bathe the audience. There's also a rotating Red/Blue/Yellow(think synchro album cover) that will be covering the audience. There are screens for the indoor show.

I also got to see the tour program that an tour employee was showing people outside the building. Looked nice, lots of vintage photos and about 20% ads!!!! Mostly ads for Police fanclub, stu's drumsticks and Sting 'n Trudi's swingers club.

To the 3 people actually reading this thread, hello!!!

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom