The Police Tour '07 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i want to see the police again! is anyone going to philly in november to see them?

DC Show...
ok.. 228 dollars is just too much to spend on good seats for The Police.. I had my hands on 8th row center from stage (even main concourse level is 228 bucks for side sections) but I just can't do that.. it's too insane... Next pricing is 93 bucks.. and I reluctant about that.. oh well...

I give up... :huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

not for me.. I just don't want to sit in the nosebleeds either.. I just wish their prices were a little less..:huh:

I sat in the "nosebleeds" for their St. Paul show, and it was still a very enjoyable experience. Granted, the Xcel Center is a kind of small venue, but I'm with Martha, nosebleeds are better than not going.

no i wasnt on the floor i was on the first level and it totally sucked they were little dots even with my zoom on my camera. and my camera is pretty awesome

Re: POLICE IN AUS - CAN'T WAIT

americangoth said:
am catching the boys in melbourne (& possibly sydney) on their aussy tour in jan.........syd loks a bit shaky at this point - i have one spare ticket to flick - if anyones interested - holler.....am not 100% sure if i'll be goin to syd
can't wait for it
sydney will have the largest aussie audience of their entire aus tour......telstra stadium can seat upto 80,000...

Actually the Melbourne Cricket Ground seats just under 100,000 after the renovation. Either way there are 52,500 seats for Sydney (remember the stage and sound booth kills alot of seats) and 54,000 for Melbourne.

Neither are selling that well - but who knows - I'm guessing a lot of mums and dads will get tickets for Christmas :)

OMG

I'm shaking

My parents just got tickets for us to see The Police in DC.....WHICH IS ALSO MY 21ST BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST PRESENT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg

omg

I can hardly contain myself and there's no one around to share this with!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

I'm SO excited...if you couldn't tell.

The campaign i'm working on will be mad that I'll be gone the day before election day but you know what, this is THE POLICE on my 21st birthday, so they can kiss my butt :madspit: Besides I'll be working my butt off between now and then.

AHHHHHHHHH THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!

All my life I've thought I'd missed out on seeing one of the greatest bands ever, I never thought I'd get this chance, and now I get to see them when I turn 21!!!! Who cares about alcohol, gimme Sting Stewart and Andy!

It's cool to see you so excited about seeing them. I see the signature change in the last hour too :wink: I never saw them back in the 80s - wasn't a fan. Couldn't wait to see them this time 'round. I took Maddy to see them at Dodger Stadium. Good times :hi5:

I hope so, sure the Synchronicity Concert is great, but the production is dated, and they should document this new incarnation...and I'm obsessed with concert DVDs.

The Police cancel concerts as Sting loses voice
Tue Oct 9, 2007 3:06pm BST

BRUSSELS (Reuters Life!) - Rock trio The Police cancelled two dates on their comeback tour after lead singer Sting's voice gave way, concert organizers said on Tuesday.

The band, which has returned to the touring circuit after more than 20 years, was due to play a second concert on Tuesday in Antwerp, Belgium, and on Wednesday in the German city of Mannheim.

The organizers were assessing whether replacement dates could be found.

Lila64 said:
The Police cancel concerts as Sting loses voice
Tue Oct 9, 2007 3:06pm BST

BRUSSELS (Reuters Life!) - Rock trio The Police cancelled two dates on their comeback tour after lead singer Sting's voice gave way, concert organizers said on Tuesday.

The band, which has returned to the touring circuit after more than 20 years, was due to play a second concert on Tuesday in Antwerp, Belgium, and on Wednesday in the German city of Mannheim.

The organizers were assessing whether replacement dates could be found.

That's because he's not used to touring like this. I think he needs to dial up Bono and ask him how he does it.

Sorry Sting, yoga doesn't keep that voice of yours fit.

Anyway, here's more to the story from ThePolice.com...

10.09.07 The Police Tour: 2 Shows Postponed

Live Nation announced today that The Police concert tonight at Sportpalais, Antwerp has been postponed due to the illness of lead singer Sting.

The singer is suffering from a throat infection and doctors have advised him to rest. A further concert, scheduled for tomorrow Wednesday 10th October at SAP Arena in Mannheim has also been postponed.

A rescheduling announcement will be made as soon as information is available.

Infinitum98 said:
Anyone know if they are releasing a DVD?

They filmed Dodger Stadium and I believe they filmed Anaheim the night before that. There were signs when you walked in that said something like "By entering this arena, you agree to be on film blah blah blah no liability blah blah blah"

Back
Top Bottom