The Police Tour '07 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allegra said:

Anywho, they are trying to raise money for water aid/relief. And they are doing this by auctioning off the first 3 rows I think. So if you are planning on buying front row tickets, forget it.
At least that's noble...in the States they auctioned off the best seats for $ting$tewart$ummer$ relief.

despite what i heard about the police not being so great live i thought they were completely brilliant!
i had so much fun last night!

hmm i am ignoring the ticketbastard auction and hope i can pick some up when they go on sale, but i dont know if i want to stand around in the baking sun in the middle of january at the melb cricket ground which is renowned for crap sound. how much are they going to be for australia and are they seating the ground ?

capacity of MCG is like 100,000..... that's one huge freakin concert.

mysterious_jen said:
hmm i am ignoring the ticketbastard auction and hope i can pick some up when they go on sale, but i dont know if i want to stand around in the baking sun in the middle of january at the melb cricket ground which is renowned for crap sound. how much are they going to be for australia and are they seating the ground ?

capacity of MCG is like 100,000..... that's one huge freakin concert.

Well, here in the states they were $50, $90, and $225. The floor and lower balcony close to the stage will be $225. The back floor, the rest of the lower balcony, and the upper balcony close to the stage are $90. And so the back half of the upper balcony will be $50. I think the pricing in the stadiums here have been doing the same thing as the arenas as far as location of the seat is concerned.

The Police Tour Fan Club would like to announce that The Police have added a new tour date to their N. American tour. The new date is:
Nov. 9 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre.

The presale for this show will begin:
Thur. July 26 at 12 pm local time.
Tickets will go on sale to the public on July 31.

There are tickets available all over the place for the Fenway shows now. There are even a couple of auctions with pairs of tickets in the first few rows that are currently under face.

I'm still considering going, but now I just saw the forecast. Hot and humid with showers and thunderstorms very likely.

:|

Could make a mess of the Fenway outfield.
Would be appropriate if Fenway flooded, cause the market for Cops tix is flooded. Auction ending in an hour on ebay, 4 field seats, currently going for $177 for the 4. About $1,000 face vale with fees. Lots of amatuer scalpers (ebay/craigslist) and brokers taking a huge bath on these shows.
People don't learn from history...before this the Stones at Fenway was Boston's biggest bathtub ever, but it looks like we have a new winner.

For those that have seen them in outdoor venues, what time do the police usually take the stage?
I'm seeing them at Fenway this weekend and the ticket says 7pm.
I know Fenway and the surrounding neighborhood is strict with curfew times, so my bet is: fiction plane 720-800, police 830-1030...anyone have any idea?

Wow, the Cops are deperate to try and unload Fenway tix now, just got an email offering 2 free Red Sox tix if you buy Police tix:

================================
RED SOX TICKET NEWS
================================

GET TWO FREE RED SOX TICKETS WITH THE PURCHASE OF SELECT
POLICE CONCERT TICKETS

Dear member of Red Sox Nation,

We are just a day away from the Police making their historic
visit to Fenway Park for two concerts this weekend on Saturday,
July 28 and Sunday, July 29. Final staging arrangements have
resulted in additional seating on the field for both previously
sold out concerts - in excellent locations.

Tickets can be purchased by clicking the buttons below, by
visiting redsox.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling
617-228-6000.

Take advantage of this final opportunity to join the thousands
of Police fans this weekend for what will surely be two memorable
nights at Fenway Park. As a bonus, all fans who purchase two or
more tickets on the field to one of these previously sold out
shows will ALSO receive two free tickets to a Red Sox game this
season OR two free standing room tickets to a game with the
Yankees in September.

Here's what you may be able to purchase for the Police concerts:
- Tickets for both shows are in good locations throughout the
park and on the field.

Ticket prices (as set by the promoter)
- $225 on the field (per seat) and includes the Red Sox ticket
special offer
- $95 in the seating bowl (per seat)

Here's how you can purchase:
- Tickets can be purchased by clicking the links below, by
visiting redsox.com, at all Ticketmaster outlets, or by calling
617-228-6000.

July 28 concert >>
http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=21-UrlOIjdkDurmSWvoQzxxj1F4842jODsR
July 29 concert >>
http://click.mlb.com/ct/click?q=36-wv1~IiIafXHReoUMxOb1Qa4U~Q4U5reR

NOTE: There are a limited number of tickets available for the
Police and customer requests will be processed by Ticketmaster
on a first come - first served basis while supplies last.

To redeem your Boston Red Sox ticket offer, please print out
your proof of purchase from Ticketmaster and mail to us at the
address listed below along with your contact information. We
will then contact you to make arrangements to select a 2007 Red
Sox home game and coordinate your tickets. Red Sox tickets will
be located in the outfield grandstand or bleachers for the
majority of games or in standing room locations for the Yankees
series. Game selectionand seat location is subject to
availability and will be filled in the order of original Police
ticket purchase. Offer began at 1 p.m. ET on July 27, 2007. Prior
purchases excluded.

Boston Red Sox
Attn: Police Ticket Offer
4 Yawkey Way
Boston, MA 02215

Thank you for your continued support of the Boston Red Sox.

The November North American dates have filled out a little more. Did they ever give a start and end date for this leg?

2 months after it was rumoured, the South American dates have yet to be officially announced.

They announced the NZ/Australian dates for early 2008. Don't know if it conflicts with the possibility of the Superbow halftime show.

Boston reviews?

u2fp

phanan said:
You can slap me while you're at it, because I'll probably deserve it for not going.

But I am eyeing their show at the Garden in the fall. That might work better for me.
I think this is the way to go, keep your eyes peeled for loge 15 or loge 20, they're side stage, and only (ha only) $95.
Loge 15 you want low seat numbers (seat 1 is on the aisle to loge 14 which costs $225) and in loge 20you want high seat numbers, low ros in the mid to upper teens, higher rows on the 20-23 renage (section is a wedge so # of seats increases as you go higher).
I have sat in these 2 sections numerous times ( 4 times for U2 in '05) the view is as good or better than the next section over which costs an extra $130, and the view is superior to sections in the middle and back end of the arena.

I want to see them again in november when they go the wachovia center.
i thought they were awesome! i had alot of fun.

Gateshead 1982 was 25 years ago(+1 day ago) where both U2 and the Police played.

For those that have the footage of Demolition Man - look for 2 iorishmen grooving along to Sting at side stage. It's on the 1995 Police VHS.

u2fp

Just got back from the show. I do concur with any negativity, for those of you that haven't seen them GO AND GET YOURSELF A TICKET! They were great! Sting sounded :combust: I was pleasently surprised and quite impressed!

POLICE IN AUS - CAN'T WAIT

am catching the boys in melbourne (& possibly sydney) on their aussy tour in jan.........syd loks a bit shaky at this point - i have one spare ticket to flick - if anyones interested - holler.....am not 100% sure if i'll be goin to syd
can't wait for it
sydney will have the largest aussie audience of their entire aus tour......telstra stadium can seat upto 80,000...

I just saw them last night at Madison Square Garden and am going to see them again tomorrow night at Giants Stadium. I gotta say: :combust:

if anyone is interested...

The Police Fan Club is pleased to announce that The Police have added six North American dates to their world tour. Don't miss the last few shows of 2007! Here is a breakdown of the new dates:

Show Date City Venue Fan Club Presale Start Public Sale Start
5-Nov-07 Washington, DC Verizon Center Wed. Sept 12 Fri. Sept. 14
6-Nov-07 Charlottesville John Paul Jones Center Wed. Sept 12 Sat. Sept. 15
15-Nov-07 Charlotte Charlotte Arena Wed. Sept 12 Sat. Sept. 15
18-Nov-07 Atlanta Philips Arena Wed. Sept 12 Sat. Sept. 15
20-Nov-07 San Antonio AT&T Center Wed. Sept 12 Sat. Sept. 15
2-Nov-07 New York MSG Wed. Sept 12 Mon. Sept. 17

The presale for these shows will begin Wed. September 12th @ 10 AM LOCAL TIME.

Lila64 said:
if anyone is interested...

The Police Fan Club is pleased to announce that The Police have added six North American dates to their world tour. Don't miss the last few shows of 2007! Here is a breakdown of the new dates:

The presale for these shows will begin Wed. September 12th @ 10 AM LOCAL TIME.

I saw that.. and of course could go to the DC show... just gonna see what the prices are first..

something i noticed on ticketbastard, the presale thru best buy starts a day before the fanclub presale.. :hmm:

Last edited:

I wonder if the Led Zeppelin reunion will play Charlottesville?

Back
Top Bottom