The Pogues! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #1
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Zwischen Null und Zero
Posts: 2,025
Local Time: 02:03 PM
The Pogues!

No thread since 2004 and I just can't get enough of their "If I Shall Fall From The Grace With God" album.

Song of the day: Medley, Fairytale of New York, Thousands Are Sailing, Turkish Song of The Damned...well I can't decide!

(DKM covers discussion also allowed! )
__________________

__________________
bayernfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 02:03 PM
I love that record.
__________________

__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Just saw a documentary on Shane just a few nights ago. Almost hard to watch between the teeth and the drunkeness.

Love the duet with Sinead 'Haunted by the Ghost'.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life
 
yertle-the-turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: York, UK and Singapore
Posts: 11,750
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Great band, and Shane is living proof perhaps you can not brush your teeth, not have a great voice and be pissed drunk for 24/7 and can still be making some of the best music on earth.
__________________
yertle-the-turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 03:50 PM   #5
The Fly
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: northern England
Posts: 89
Local Time: 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Just saw a documentary on Shane just a few nights ago. Almost hard to watch between the teeth and the drunkeness.

Love the duet with Sinead 'Haunted by the Ghost'.
Is that the same song The Pogues played on the Sid and Nancy soundtrack ? I think Cait O'Riordan sang the lead then though.If it's the same song !
__________________
dancingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #6
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,697
Local Time: 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dancingcat
Is that the same song The Pogues played on the Sid and Nancy soundtrack ? I think Cait O'Riordan sang the lead then though.If it's the same song !
I just looked it up and yes that's the song, the only version I've heard is the one with Sinead...I didn't know about this one.
__________________
BVS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #7
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Zwischen Null und Zero
Posts: 2,025
Local Time: 02:03 PM
Speaking of films, Straight to Hell (the movie) is hilarious too, just for the novelty effect not any cinematic merit.
__________________
bayernfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
UnforgettableLemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lansdale, PA
Posts: 7,286
Local Time: 02:03 PM
This album is about as perfect as it gets. I know many people will argue for Rum, Sodomy and the Lash, but every track on this album is indespensible.
__________________
UnforgettableLemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 AM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 12:03 PM
www.pogues.com

Shows in the USA, 2006
The Pogues will be performing five shows in the United States of America in October, 2006.

Monday, October 9, San Francisco, The Fillmore — Tickets on sales May 21 at 10:00AM Pacific Time
Monday, October 10, San Francisco, The Fillmore — Tickets on sales May 21 at 10:00AM Pacific Time;

also read they are playing The Wiltern in S.Calif on 10/18. Tickets on sale this week...
__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:37 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 12:03 PM
The Grove / anaheim
oct 17th

I may have an extra ticket

anyone going?
__________________
redkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #11
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Zwischen Null und Zero
Posts: 2,025
Local Time: 02:03 PM
How was Shane holding up during the shows? Barely audible?
__________________
bayernfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #12
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Lila64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ♥Set List Lane♥
Posts: 52,710
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Hubby has tix for 2 of the Wiltern shows. Don't know if I'm going yet or not
__________________
Lila64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 12:03 PM
Setlist from Japan


01.Srteams of Whiskey
02.If I Should Fall from Grace With God
03.The Broad Majestic Shannon
04.Turkish Song of the Damned
05.Young Ned of the Hill
06.A Pair of Brown Eyes
07.Boys from the County Hell
08.White City
09.Tuesday Morning
10.The Old Main Drag
11.Sayanara
12.Repeal of the Licensing Laws
13.The Sunnyside of The Street
14.The Body of An American
15.Lullaby of London
16.Thousands Are Sailing
17.Dirty Old Town
18.Bottle of Smoke
19.The Sickbed of Cuchulaínn

[Encore 1]
20.Sally MacLennane
21.Rainy Night in Soho
22.The Irish Rover

[Encore 2]
23.Fairytale of New York
24.Fiesta


Haven't found any info on how shane looks/sounds but someone (the only review I found) did say it was an amazing show
__________________
redkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 06:45 PM   #14
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
The Grove / anaheim
oct 17th

I may have an extra ticket

anyone going?


__________________
BAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #15
Refugee
 
jimmmm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: lincolnshire
Posts: 1,221
Local Time: 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
Setlist from Japan


01.Srteams of Whiskey
02.If I Should Fall from Grace With God
03.The Broad Majestic Shannon
04.Turkish Song of the Damned
05.Young Ned of the Hill
06.A Pair of Brown Eyes
07.Boys from the County Hell
08.White City
09.Tuesday Morning
10.The Old Main Drag
11.Sayanara
12.Repeal of the Licensing Laws
13.The Sunnyside of The Street
14.The Body of An American
15.Lullaby of London
16.Thousands Are Sailing
17.Dirty Old Town
18.Bottle of Smoke
19.The Sickbed of Cuchulaínn

[Encore 1]
20.Sally MacLennane
21.Rainy Night in Soho
22.The Irish Rover

[Encore 2]
23.Fairytale of New York
24.Fiesta


Haven't found any info on how shane looks/sounds but someone (the only review I found) did say it was an amazing show
That would have been a fantastic concert to be at, Rainy Night In Soho, pure class.
__________________

__________________
jimmmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com