The Paper Raincoat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
The Paper Raincoat on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Has anyone heard of this group? It's a man/ woman duo with quirky, pop sensibilities that I just find irresistible. My favorite tracks so far are "Brooklyn Blurs" and "Sympathetic Vibrations," so if you listen to those and like 'em, I'm sure you'll enjoy the group as a whole.

Can't find too many reviews, but here are a few articles if you'd prefer to read before busting out the headphones...

Album Review: The Paper Raincoat | Collected Sounds
NEW REVIEW! "A breathtaking collaboration between some o... - The Paper Raincoat's MySpace Blog |

From their website...
The story is based around the world of a fictional character named Grace, who on the eve of her 50th birthday begins to question the choices she's made in her life. When she receives news that her estranged father, a failed inventor, has died, she returns to her childhood home to help settle his affairs. While cleaning out his study, she uncovers early designs for a paper raincoat, the invention on which he staked their family fortune, and that subsequently tore the family apart when it failed to sell. She is flooded with intense memories of a pivotal day in that very room, when she made the conscious decision to give up on her dream of becoming a writer in order to avoid the disastrous effects that transpired as a result of her father’s choices. She starts to question whether there might have been another way for her life to unfold, and decides to find out by rewriting her own story in a novel she titles The Paper Raincoat.

Just thought I'd share; I am absolutely smitten with them at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom