The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say the song that has grown on me the most from this thing is Slipped.

"I can't blame you for losing your mind for a little while - so did I."

Humiliation was the one that grew more on me. Not that I didn't like it at first, but it may have become my favorite song in the album, ahead of This is the Last Time.

After obsessively listening to this for a couple of weeks I've held off for a while. I look forward to seeing what from the album has grown on me when I do get back to it.

This Is the Last Time and Humiliation are my favorites right now.

Funny you say that, I've done the same thing. Listened to the shit out of it upon its release, have given it a rest and am going back to it starting on my drive home tonight.

Humiliation is my favorite.

I Need My Girl is probably my favorite, if I had to choose one.

But Humiliation, Pink Rabbits, Fireproof, Demons, This Is The Last Time, and Don't Swallow The Cap are all up there.

"Play Let It Be or Nevermind"

Graceless by a mile, although Humiliation has definitely grown on me a great deal, not least for that extended piano segment before the segue into 'she wore blue velvet...'

I could happily never listen to Fireproof again but it doesn't hurt me either, so; harmless enough.

I've changed my mind not at all. Well, other than demons probably dropped behind slipped. Otherwise, same five songs and I still like this is the last time as a 6th.

Top five favorites:
Demons
Graceless
Slipped
I should live in salt
I need my girl

Order subject to change. But I like this is the last time a lot, too.

Just don't tell the people that the decorating lady had anything to do with it.

4AD just sent me an email to say that the box set will not ship until July. Damn it.

4AD just sent me an email to say that the box set will not ship until July. Damn it.

HI REZ FLACz FTW!!!!!1!!!!
smile96.gif

What a fantastic show. I've seen them once before, and sort of knew what to expect, but it exceeded any and all expectations.

Matt was in a funny mood, cracking jokes throughout the set. I really enjoyed the banter between bandmates, made me laugh out loud a few times.

Richard Reed Parry, whom I suspected would be the most likely member of Arcade Fire there, performed with the band on at least five songs. Was cool to see. (ok, I lie, I only pretended to be impressed by it all, because Matt was literally a few feet in front of me.)

Anyway, it was an intense show. No other way to describe it. And Mr. November was awesome and got the crowd going, as it always does.

Setlist:

I Should Live in Salt
Don't Swallow the Cap
Mistaken for Strangers
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Sea of Love
Heavenfaced
Afraid of Everyone
Conversation 16
Squalor Victoria
I Need My Girl
This Is The Last Time
Baby We'll Be Fine
Abel
Apartment Story
Pink Rabbits
England
Graceless
About Today
Fake Empire

Humiliation
Sorrow (Matt: "This one is called Sorrow. It sounds great on repeat.")
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

Ridiculous sets.

When I saw them twice in a year I remember thinking that they were a band I could see multiple times even if they didn't change the set. They're that good.

Stoked they've kept the Vanderlyle closer.

Back
Top Bottom