The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This band, guys.

1. This Is the last time. With Annie Clark. Blonde.

2. Humiliation. Fuck Out Outro. Or whatever it's called.

3. Vanderlyle a Capella. 18000 people.

4. Matt spilled wine in my shirt during Mr November.

Holy shit. Check out this setlist. That's bordering on perfect (for me)

Don't Swallow the Cap
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Mistaken for Strangers
Sea of Love
Sorrow
Demons
Heavenfaced
Afraid of Everyone
Conversation 16
Squalor Victoria
I Need My Girl
This is the Last Time
Abel
Apartment Story
Pink Rabbits
England
Graceless
About Today
Fake Empire

I Should Live In Salt
Humiliation
Mr. November
Terrible Love
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

I'm not going because they're playing that Bostoncalling festival for their Boston date and there's no way I'm bothering with that since they're literally the only band on the bill for either day I have any interest in seeing. :grumpy:

It was a fantastic set, I thought. I was really happy to get Abel and About Today. They're in top form, although slightly nervous to play in such a huge venue, it seemed. They played for over two hours, which was a good surprise.

Here's Annie. I hadn't seen her new hair style.

photo.jpg

He spilled the wine in your shirt?

I wasn't even super close to the stage. First he went a long way to the back of the GA, stopped right by us for a brief moment, then kept going to the back. Then on the way back he threw his half-filled plastic wine cup in our direction, hitting the guy right behind me (and my shirt on the way). He drinks cold red wine, it seems. Btw, they had to cut the song short towards the end because his mic unplugged during his GA excursion.

The only thing that isn't awesome about that setlist:
the High Violet tour is over and they're still playing as many songs from HV as they are from the entirety of their career before that combined.

No offense to people who are fans of the three songs on Trouble that they didn't play, but they skipped the right songs.

Ima see them for the first time this tour.

For $5.

I'm jealous.

And you're going to have a great time. This is that outdoor concert series, right?

I've seen them twice, and the time I saw them outdoors was better. Something about the night sky.

They're playing Philadelphia tomorrow night and I am not attending. I am here and could go, but I simply don't have the money to pay for a band I've already seen live. I'm disappointed, but not as much as I thought I would be.

I'm jealous.

And you're going to have a great time. This is that outdoor concert series, right?

I've seen them twice, and the time I saw them outdoors was better. Something about the night sky.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it's outdoors in a park, pretty cool setting actually. Sharon Van Etten is opening too, should be great. I'm really excited to finally see them.

They're playing Philadelphia tomorrow night and I am not attending. I am here and could go, but I simply don't have the money to pay for a band I've already seen live. I'm disappointed, but not as much as I thought I would be.

That sucks.

I desperately wish I had been at the Barclays show last night.

However, as a consolation prize, my company is hosting a showing of Mistaken for Strangers tomorrow night for its employees. I will be in attendance.

The Barclays show was absolutely amazing from beginning to end. I had my reservations about how they'd do in such a large setting but it really worked well. All of the new songs sound great and fit right in with the older hits. The visuals were cool, but never distracting. A couple of the pieces were even a bit Hitchcockian.

As for the setlist:

They played pretty much every song I wanted to hear. Was glad to see Abel, About Today and England in the set. Also, the acoustic Vanderlyle was an incredible way to end a show.

Best concert of the year so far for me.

You are all dead to me.

or, trouble will find all of you

Back
Top Bottom