The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll just cobbler shit straight up - I still haven't heard the debut or Sad Songs.

And Trouble Will Find Me is my official fav Nash album. And Pink Rabbits might have worked its way onto my Rushmore. It and most of the rest of the album just deals with anxiety so fucking well it's astonishing.

I haven't heard the debut because I've never read anything good about it and I enjoy loving 90% of their songs, just liking 9%, and being indifferent toward that last 1% (or whatever percent of sad songs is that I'm not a huge fan of). I don't want to have to actively dislike a National song.

I just listened to Available, it does rule, although I didn't really recognise it. Prob the first time I've heard the studio version, though I'm certain they would have played at at least one of the four shows I've seen.

I got Available with the Cardinal Song coda the first time I saw them and have been wishing for its return ever since.

I did too, and I was just kind of unimpressed. I attributed it to not knowing the songs beforehand, but I remained unimpressed after hearing the album versions as well.

Back
Top Bottom