The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heavenfaced is a great song to run to as well.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I watched Mistaken for Strangers the other night and really loved it. Such a cool, funny and also touching story with some interesting insight into the band. Watching the movie made me go back to listen to their older albums.

A few quick observations after seeing these guys in Boston tonight:

- Is the Chicago snippet by the horn section at the end of Ada something new? It was lovely, and a nice little tribute to Sufjan given his contributions to the band.

- This Is The Last Time -> Available -> Cardinal Song was just so good.

- The bro-dude quotient for National concerts is definitely going up over the years. Lots of fraternity types there (and I doubt they were there to see Future Islands or Neutral Milk Hotel, which played earlier). I'm not really used to concerts in Boston, though, so not sure this was a representative demographic.

- It was nice to see the band again after such a long break (I saw them for the last time when Trouble Will Find Me had just been released). The new songs sound really solid live.

I didn't know either. Checking on setlist.fm, apparently Ada had a resurgence this year after a long absence.

Somebody say something controversial to provoke a useless argument so we can get rid of this thread title. It's painful for the eyes.

Like "Conversation 16 is boring" or something.

Somebody say something controversial to provoke a useless argument so we can get rid of this thread title. It's painful for the eyes.

Like "Conversation 16 is boring" or something.

I don't really care that much for available.

The guitar riff, Matt's vocals, best screaming ever, the powerful and abrasive climax, the lyrics, the fact that it's a monster live...

AND LIQUOR ME UP?! :rockon:

One of the rare times where you actually can put a :rockon: next to a hipster Pitchfork darling and not feel embarrassed.

In all honesty, I can't really remember what the song sounds like. Since I went all cobbler backwards starting on high violet with the band, given it always being listed as a favorite here I think I just expected more from it by the time I got to it. It struck me as forgettable more than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom