The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only one I have in MP3s is the Barclays show, which is not in great quality but it's alright. If the audio you are referring to is the same as the Sydney show, it's probably pretty good. I watched that video on YouTube.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I actually have a different Australia show. And it looks like the one you suggested has a better set list so I think I will be looking for those MP3s tonight. Thanks again!

Saw them last night at Chicago Theatre. Probably the highlight of the night was Wasp's Nest, which was followed with All the Wine. I hadn't been expecting to hear either of those. Lowlight was the drunk guy Matt pulled on stage at the end of the show, who proceeded to take the mic from him and caterwaul a few lines of Vanderlyle.

I'm not a musician, but there's something really special about the drumming in many of their songs. Zone in on it when you listen to them live. Incredible.

General consensus is that their drummer is indeed one of the best around. Because he is.

He is the best. I don't think it's even a contest.

And if anyone comes in here and mentions Neil fucking Pert, I'll be pissed. :)

Funny you should say that.

They've debuted it in Chicago a couple of days ago. Since this is one of my favourite National songs, this is pretty great. There was no recorded performance of this before.

These gentlemen are a good live band. Although playing eight of HV's eleven tracks is stupid, I still enjoyed my ninth jaunt with the homies. Ten is tomorrow. Eleven is Thursday unless I get an intern to cover me so that I may see the sisters Haim.

These gentlemen are a good live band. Although playing eight of HV's eleven tracks is stupid, I still enjoyed my ninth jaunt with the homies. Ten is tomorrow. Eleven is Thursday unless I get an intern to cover me so that I may see the sisters Haim.

Braggart.

I have come to dearly love the songs "City Middle", "Brainy", "Squalor Victoria", "Apartment Story" and "Ada".

I've always been a big City Middle fan. Apartment Story is one that never really clicked with me, though it seems to be a big fan favorite.

Apartment Story could be my favorite of theirs (I've called it such in the past, but they're a band where that's highly subject to change).

Pink Rabbits is slowly climbing the ladder of my favorite National songs. The bridge and coda especially are as purely melodic as anything they have ever done, and there are a lot of subtle flourishes that stand out on a good pair of headphones.

There are a lot of good lines in that song...

You didn't see me I was falling apart
I was a white girl in a crowd of white girls in the park
You didn't see me I was falling apart
I was a television version of a person with a broken heart

:heart:

I still think Heavenfaced is a massively underrated song. I'm surprised it's not talked about more here. Beautiful song.

The lyrics really hurt Heavenfaced, I think. A very rare instance of Matt being a bit lazy.

Seeing these mugs at RIOTFEST on my birthday weekend this year.

Holler at me one time and try to get on my level.

Back
Top Bottom