The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, why hasn't that happened yet? They're clearly among the most popular bands in B&C at this point.

A survivor is gonna make me listen to that dull-as-fuck debut.

Val Jester is a wonderful moody transitional track. Lots of great albums have those kinds of songs. Makes them more connected and "album-like".

I've heard Val Jester maybe a million times and I still can't remember how it goes.

Yeah, this.

I swear the only thing that really puts the icing on the cake in terms of picking boxer over alligator is looking for astronauts. Probably the only song of theirs I really despise, although I still have not heard the debut.

Alligator is still my favorite. I think it'd even rank in my top 10 favorite albums overal.

Trouble Will Find Me is a good second.

Choosing a winner would be damn near impossible for me. Fake Empire, Terrible Love, Bloodbuzz Ohio, Abel, All the Wine, Don't Swallow the Cap...so many contenders.

This has my thinking over my Nash Mt. Rushmore, but it's too hard to decide. Geese would definitely be in there, but after that it's a crapshoot.

This has my thinking over my Nash Mt. Rushmore, but it's too hard to decide. Geese would definitely be in there, but after that it's a crapshoot.

All the Wine
Available
About Today
All Dolled-Up in Straps

Karen
Fake Empire
Mistaken For Strangers
Start a War

But there are like a dozen perfect 10/10 National songs. The first three are always the same, but I had a superb listen to Start a War the other night. All the Wine is usually in there.

Wow I did not figure there would be this much love for Geese.

My Rushmore might be

This is the Last Time
Abel
All the Wine
Bloodbuzz Ohio

But ask me in 20 minutes and it will probably have changed.

What could the format be? Vote favourite songs from each album into a final round, or adopt the traditional one-song-at-a-time elimination format.

There would surely need to be more songs from their latter four albums progressing through to the final as well, so albums may need to be seeded courtesy of a "vote for your fave Nash album" round. That's what Ax did on the last U2 survivor if I can recall correctly.

Top four or five ever?

Hmmm

Fake Empire
Terrible Love
Slow Show
Afraid of Everyone
Squalor Victoria.

Nah I don't fucking know. Any of those (except for Fake Empire) is probably pushing out something more deserving.

Trophy Wife

Wait, what? No, actually I love it. Top five ever, no, but it deserves to be remembered.

Apartment Story
Mr November
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Abel

But that leaves out about 20 other songs equally worthy.

Back
Top Bottom