The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i meant if it had been drummer brother who wasn't going to be there, i'd call that a reason to cancel a tour.

I've returned from my sojourn in the desert to say: I'm seeing the National on Thursday!!!! :hyper: I'm seeing Mistaken for Strangers Wednesday, and Matt's doing a Q&A after the screening :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Set lists from Honolulu and Auckland are super impressive, gives me high hopes for Sunday night. I'm bloodbuzzing with anticipation

No National concert is complete without Available.

So I went to the screening. Saw the movie. Listened to Matt talk. Shook his hand. Got my copy of High Violet signed. Got a photo. Nothing much really.

:faint:

That's amazing! Envious, and now very tempted to head to one of the screenings pre-show on Melbourne.

Available might be in my top five National songs. It's certainly one of Matt's finest lyrical efforts.

The National were amazing at the Opera House tonight. Great set, great performance, great crowd. Was on the forecourt by the harbour so some people were sitting up on the steps. Beautiful views. My one complaint is that the open air robbed some of the atmosphere from their last tour down here. Matt was also losing his shit less than before, although his forays into the crowd were fun.

Hope you melbourne folk enjoy tomorrow!

Setlist: (I think it's the best one of the leg so far)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2014/sydney-opera-house-sydney-australia-4bc523e6.html

Really would love it if Mistaken For Strangers could make an appearance.

Some say that our National day was two weeks ago, but for me it is today. My first Nash gig tonight, chomping at the bit, cannot wait :)

I don't dislike the song, I just thought it was a dud when I saw it live. Literally the only weak spot in their set when I saw them.

I feel positive towards it but doesn't blow my mind as most of the other songs on High Violet do.

Would dearly love it Green Gloves got a guernsey tonight, however unlikely it may be.

Little Faith is great. That intro is really, really cool.

But then, my opinions on High Violet are totally ass-backwards (i.e. I think it's one of their weakest albums).

Inte if you see a skinny bloke with a white Vans tshirt and red chinos on, holler. Otherwise enjoy the gig my friend. I'm off to Cinema Nova for Mistaken for Strangers and a Q&A with Matt. My question will be "can I get a lift with you to the gig"

Matt likes good kid, m.A.A.d city.

Intro music on the next tour?

I can picture it now: the band, tired of all the whining about their albums being mid-tempo bitchfests, comes out with something to prove. Matt grabs the mic and delivers an epic scream, the kind we've been pining for since Boxer and then...

YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Last edited:
I was in GA, thought you might have been but clearly you are stupid enough to make the mistake of doing GA at Sidney Myer four times in a row.

Cobbler review when I get home

Back
Top Bottom