The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I liked it a lot, but I definitely like Alligator and High Violet better than this. There are a few albums released this year I'd put above it for sure.

Ok, apparently I was being a little harsh. Now that I'm home and have my list in front of me, I see that I have it at #4. However, I haven't ranked Haim, St. Lucia and Cut Copy yet. I suspect it's going to drop at least a couple of spots to those.

I think it's still my number one, but that's partially because nothing this year has truly blown me away. It's probably my fourth favorite National album, albeit still awesome.

I think we already know what B&C's favorite album of the year will be. :lol:

It'll be high up on my list as well.

I think we already know what B&C's favorite album of the year will be. :lol:

It'll be high up on my list as well.

Unless LCD or Radiohead releases a surprise album I'd say it's pretty safe. Yeezus doesn't quite have a wide enough appeal.

Of course Reflektor might be the number one, I have no idea how that's being received since I haven't opened the thread in weeks, not having heard it yet.

Right behind Wrecking Ball, no doubt.

For about five seconds I thought 1) that album came out last year and 2) I don't remember seeing iyup hate on that album. Then I realized you weren't talking about Springsteen.

Saw these guys again tonight. Still as good as ever. Was happy I got Baby We'll Be Fine. And Matt went into the cowd twice. Once on the left side and once on the right, in back to back songs.

:up:

Baby, We'll Be Fine was one of my favorite tracks of theirs when Alligator first came out. I need to add it back into my listening rotation, it's a really cool song. Love the guitarz. I'll put on an argyle sweater and put on a smile. I'm so sorry for everything.

homerhatespants.jpg

I'll have to buy it, I've listened to it on Spotify a lot the last couple days.

A little late to the party here gang, but I have to say the second half of the album is far more interesting than the first. Do I need to mention that it's only my opinion or are we all emotionally stable enough to understand that without me having to clarify?

Oooh. This "Lean" song is good. Going to look into this soundtrack further for the Phantogram and Antony & The Johnsons songs too.

That piano line is fantastic. I'm hoping it will turn up in a non-spoof song somewhere down the road.

Back
Top Bottom