The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No problem. Don't write silly, made-up stuff and we'll be alright.

The biggest problem he has is that, as with most people with lower registers, he doesn't project well.

I saw them in an open air theatre and I was in the terrace - and I thought he projected very well (meaning much of the sound was lost by the time it got to me - yet he still sounded crisp compared to the rest of the music), but this may be because they turned his mic way up. There were a few times when I actually thought his mic was too loud compared to the guitars.

Obviously - the quieter songs were simply perfect.

So THE NASH! announced an aftershow the first weekend of ACL Fest, and I grabbed a ticket. Will be seeing them Saturday night, then Sunday at the fest, then the following Saturday with Tame Impala in Dallas.

I've got a problem.

So THE NASH! announced an aftershow the first weekend of ACL Fest, and I grabbed a ticket. Will be seeing them Saturday night, then Sunday at the fest, then the following Saturday with Tame Impala in Dallas.

I've got a problem.

I'd like to have that problem.

I've struggled to figure out what this song means, and this video does little to help me with that. Great video, though.

I like to think they're self-aware regarding their image/reputation for being dour and releasing this video even though it seems to have nothing at all to do with the song.

"Punks and cannonballers" aside.

Love it!

It might be about trying to recapture care-free youth in later age, or maybe that you will look ridiculous trying to do so. You have grace when you're young because people tend to forgive you; in that sense you become graceless in middle age. I'm obviously grasping at straws here.

I like to think they're self-aware regarding their image/reputation for being dour and releasing this video even though it seems to have nothing at all to do with the song.

"Punks and cannonballers" aside.

Love it!

Punks and cannonballers is from a totally different and far superior song, though.

Awesome music video, but Graceless is one of my least favorite tracks on the album.

With that comment, I wonder if someone didnt hit gaf in the head with a beer. Or perhaps something harder. I need my girl is an excellent song, but graceless is possibly my favorite song off the album.

The rhyme scheme in the verses gets tiresome for me.

Let's see how many things I can think of that rhyme with the word graceless!

I don't hate the song. I just like most everything else on the album better.

That's my one complaint with the album overall, the rhyming on every song is almost as tiresome as a Saturday night live skit. Alright already, we get it. But it just keeps going.

I haven't enjoyed Fireproof since pImperor pointed out the painfully repetitive lyrics.

That one's not so much the repetition as it is the lousy melody and trite lyrics. Worst song they've done since the debut, and I think I probably even like all those better.

I still think pink rabbits is way too repetitive, but I do like it now.

That one's not so much the repetition as it is the lousy melody and trite lyrics. Worst song they've done since the debut, and I think I probably even like all those better.

Fireproof is the one track I would cut from the album as well. It's not bad, just unnecessary. And a transition from Cap to Sea of Love would be wonderful.

Punks and cannonballers is from a totally different and far superior song, though.

Awesome music video, but Graceless is one of my least favorite tracks on the album.

You're totally right. That's how they posted it on social media, but I totally blanked in that post.

Graceless rules though.

Fever/freezer is a low point.

I really love Slipped.

Back
Top Bottom