The National - Trouble Will Find Anthony Fantano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw the Mistaken for Strangers flick at The Forum at the Melbourne Film Festival last night. Was ok, needed subtitles as I didn't catch about 30-40% of what they were saying in the first half of the movie because of poor audio.

Really makes me wanna catch The Nash live when they are next in Melbs.

We got 3 songs from Alligator and About Today.

HappyBirthdayBlackKid.gif

Started off about 40 feet from the stage (closest I've ever been at one of the summer concert series shows in the years I've been going to them), ended up almost 15 feet away. Could see perfectly. Was the loudest I've ever heard fans singing along at one of these shows. Even the people who were obviously completely obvious as to the band were super into it. Freaking awesome.

Nice! Really glad the crowd wasn't lame like they were for belle & sebastian, otherwise we'd all have to come to Utah and kick some asses.

Which 3 from alligator?

Here's the setlist. 24 songs at a freaking $5 show. They played longer than anyone's played in quite some time at one of these shows, wonder if they'll get fined for going too late.

Fake Empire
I Should Live in Salt
Don't Swallow the Cap
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Mistaken for Strangers
Sea of Love
Demons
Afraid of Everyone
Conversation 16
Squalor Victoria
I Need My Girl
This Is the Last Time
All the Wine
Abel
Slow Show
Apartment Story
Sorrow
Pink Rabbits
Graceless
England
About Today

Encore:
Humiliation
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Man, they didn't play "Pink Rabbits" at Bonnaroo and I was super bummed. You got lucky.

I saw The National during the "Boxer" era. In that show " Fake Empire" was the closer.

The National played in Vancouver along with Modest Mouse and R.E.M. on one of their last tours. Shame about them breaking up but I see why they did it. R.E.M. has certainly had a prolific career.

The National's new album is high on my list of 2013 faves. I especially like the first track (I Should Live In Salt). Intimate and thoughtful it is.

Here's the setlist. 24 songs at a freaking $5 show. They played longer than anyone's played in quite some time at one of these shows, wonder if they'll get fined for going too late...

Glad you enjoyed it, Mofo. I'm seeing them on Monday and would be quite content with the same setlist you just got.

My box finally arrived! The records sound great and the box is damn cool. I'm pretty pleased with it if I ignore the 2.5 month wait.

Yeah, I've forgotten the delay already (although it would have been cool if they had sent an extra 7' single to compensate for the wait). I want to frame a couple of those beautiful prints and hang them in my living room.

"Slipped" is my favorite of the art pieces. And yeah a 7" would've been cool. I'm surprised one hasn't been out for "Sea of Love" or something by now. I mean HV had two. They could put that Perfume Genius cover on the b side and there you go. Easy money.

The Slipped print is cool. I also liked "Fireproof" (the portrait) and "Demons". Maybe now that they are done with the box odyssey they will put out a single...

Well, I very nearly lost it during Geese of Beverly Road. This setlist was so good it makes up for The Cure yesterday. :lol:

The crowd was great as well, though apparently none of them had heard Alligator before.

That does make me jealous.

All the Wine was good but I thought it would be better live than it was.

All the Wine was good but I thought it would be better live than it was.

I got that one in 2010, and it's probably my favourite song of theirs, but it's not a very good live song. It actually needs three guitars to make the whole guitar interplay work.

Yeah it sounded a lot less urgent than the album version. The guitars were flatter.

The Geese of Beverly Road was hilarious a few years ago, when they played it in honor of the geese that were about to be exterminated in Prospect Park.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom