The National: Sunshine on My B&Ck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was way off when I started bitching about this tour's setlists after only the opening show. The sets are looking damn good now.

Vanderlyle has always bored me as a closer. Terrible Love in 2017 was like a hurricane sweeping through the venue, just an absolutely stunning way to go out.

tickets for the best seats at the shows they're playing here next year just cost us $150 :|

that leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

tickets for the best seats at the shows they're playing here next year just cost us $150 :|

that leaves a pretty sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

This is probably a bad time to mention I just bought my GA ticket to see The National in September for $20.00 + $3.17 service fee :wink:

but yeah you guys get fucked with pricing, sorry man

High prices + buying tickets a long way out gets a pass from me. Maybe if they pop up on Lasttix later on.

Well it's better than other bands (who will go nameless) charging $400 to sit miles from the stage at a rubbish venue that should never be used for concerts.

SCG ... are you listening.

I saw them at a venue where the GA is the farthest away seats (ampitheater), so anything close was quite pricy. I believe the tickets were $90 after fees.

$150, but 6th row will be intimate in a venue like the Palais. So long away, but already so excited

Don't forget that for the majority of the tour, the tickets get you a free copy of the album. Not like that helps tremendously, but might as well take advantage.

Hey guys, anybody still out there? I finally got to see them. and it.was.glorious. I'm kinda mystified over some fans' lukewarm response to I Am Easy to Find. I absolutely love it beginning to end, and it's gotten me through a few rough months. Beautiful night, loved the setlist, and I think they cured my sciatica.

setlist

$78 got me this and a thrilling moment with Matt singing "it takes an ocean not to break" in my face. :drool: And I wasn't even particularly close to the stage but he covered a lot of physical territory. Somebody should tell him they make cordless mics for that.

Rylan
Quiet Light
The Pull Of You
Hey Rosey
I Should Live In Salt
Don’t Swallow The Cap
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Oblivions
So Far So Fast
Where Is Her Head
Lemonworld
Secret Meeting
Day I Die
The System Only Dreams In Total Darkness
Carin At The Liquor Store
Light Years
You Had Your Soul With You
I Am Easy To Find
England
Terrible Love
Son
Mr. November
Fake Empire
About Today
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks

I saw them in July on this tour.

I wasn’t too impressed with them on a stadium stage in 2013 at lollapalooza but at their own show they killed it. I Am Easy to Find is definitely now my favorite National album for sure.

Suspect it's likely we'll get that at the upcoming shows. Three shows in three nights, all at an intimate seated venue they haven't played in a decade, and we're in the front three rows for all of them :hyper::love:

Suspect it's likely we'll get that at the upcoming shows. Three shows in three nights, all at an intimate seated venue they haven't played in a decade, and we're in the front three rows for all of them :hyper::love:

Elite! I’ll be making it to the last one I think. Relatively near the front.

The cover is what I expected, still very enjoyable on the ear.

Is anyone a Cherry Tree member still?

Their members' package for this second year is so awesome. Really love the triple vinyl live album - and it sounds amazing. It's pretty cool how they are consistently putting out good stuff for the fans: the fan club stuff, the special concerts with special setlists, and now the weekly broadcasts:

Last week's video, the High Violent release show at BAM, was one of the very first concerts I attended in NYC and I still remember it as one of the best shows I've been to. Hearing Terrible Love as a closer for the first time...damn.

Back
Top Bottom