The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it's not actually a concert, and they're going to square off in mortal combat. Who will tear who's spine out? Only time will tell.

I'm going to be in Chicago during that time, so I will definitely be making an effort to procure tickets. I do, however, think that Arcade Fire should be supporting The National rather than vice-versa. :wink:

Good luck! I'm jealous.

And I disagree. :wink:

I heard it's not actually a concert, and they're going to square off in mortal combat. Who will tear who's spine out? Only time will tell.

Actually, they're going to square off in a game of basketball, but since Arcade Fire outnumber The National (Richard Reed Parry will play for both teams) Matt will recruit Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose to play for them.

At one point in the fourth quarter, in a fit of frustration, Win will flagrantly foul Rose who was attempting a layup, and then stomp off with the basketball, leading Matt to write a song titled, "Win Butler of The Suburbs stole my basketball."

:up:

Thanks for letting us know, fool.

No problem, schmuck. :wink:

WTF, really? I had no idea a song was coming out.

Yeah, when did this happen? Nonetheless, I'm damn excited.

* Awesome title, by the way.

I'm not sure why, but it's hilarious to me it's in Portal 2.

No idea when this all went down. I hadn't heard anything until this morning, when I checked what.cd...I mean, found a copy in my local record store. :shifty:

It's a gorgeous piano ballad, so yeah, not sure what it's doing in Portal 2, but whatever, new music is new music.

I expected a rocking song with that title, so I was surprised.

But this band seriously seems like it can do no wrong, so the song was great. The B-sides and side projects are so fucking good.

The B-sides and side projects are so fucking good.

no kidding. "think you can wait" was pretty awesome. this one's good. not at all the crappy album outtakes tracks normally thrown to the soundtrack people. i like.

They have a big non-album track for almost every era. Driver Surprise Me, Tall Saint, You Were a Kindness, now this. Good to know they're keeping that tradition.

It's on Amazon for download as well, and I just happen to have a free download credit there. Yay. Look forward to checking it out tonight.

If it is a benefit in the style of Dark Was the Night, then I think that the cause excuses any misgivings about the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom