The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, I thought the trombone player had a bit of a Jorma Taccone thing going on.

So I still don't have the "bonus disc" stuff. Should I just pay $8 for it on iTunes, or spend $4.42 more and get the full limited edition CD set and give my original copy of High Violet to a friend?

Or do I even need all 8 of the tracks, can I just spend $4 on the stuff from the album on the bonus disc?

Three of the tracks are live tracks (England, Anyone's Ghost, acoustic Bloodbuzz), and you probably have a couple others that were bonus tracks and B-sides (I wanna say Walk Off and Sin Eaters were). So, that leaves the single version of Terrible Love, Wake Up Yr Saints, and You Were a Kindness. Terrible Love and You Were a Kindness make it worth it, in my eyes.

You Were Kindness should have been on the album. i don't care if it means making it a track longer or what. the song is too good.

Three of the tracks are live tracks (England, Anyone's Ghost, acoustic Bloodbuzz), and you probably have a couple others that were bonus tracks and B-sides (I wanna say Walk Off and Sin Eaters were). So, that leaves the single version of Terrible Love, Wake Up Yr Saints, and You Were a Kindness. Terrible Love and You Were a Kindness make it worth it, in my eyes.

For some reason I was not aware of these tracks, so I just had a listen.

I like this mix of Terrible Love much better. The drums are fantastic and the sound is less muddled.

Both You Were a Kindness and Wake Up Your Saints are excellent. I really hope that these guys aren't peaking just yet, but it will be hard to top all this High Violet material.

Schaal, Roger Sterling, funny hats, a bear head, and Matt Bertringer. Too much awesomeness.

I think my favorite part of the video is where Matt throws confetti at Mel and Sterling and immediately puts his finger in his ear again.

"Available" is bloody excellent, perhaps in my top five National songs, and the energy in those live versions is so palpable. Not enough love for Sad Songs in the general music media.

There's synths on one song, which scared the shit out of me to a greater degree than Berninger's screaming. It's not wildly different from their recent trio, but you can hear the progression. I was introduced to Murder Me Rachael through one of Impy's DI lists, and that one is still my favorite from the record.

Great single choices from High Violet so far. Conversation 16 is my second favorite, behind Bloodbuzz.

I believe this is the order of singles:

1. Bloodbuzz Ohio
2. Anyone's Ghost
3. Terrible Love (Alternate/Single/Whatever Version That Is Awesome)
4. Conversation 16

Yeah, they certainly make sense.

The new track feels like a cousin to Lemonworld, but that's definitely a good thing. Excellent vocal work from Matt.

I just got my ticket for the May 15th show in Cincinnati! I'm so fucking chuffed...I didn't even know they were playing a show this close to me until half an hour ago.... :hyper:

Does anyone know what exactly The National's role is going to be in the upcoming Chicago shows with Arcade Fire? Are they an opener or more of a dual-headliner?

I'm going to be in Chicago during that time, so I will definitely be making an effort to procure tickets. I do, however, think that Arcade Fire should be supporting The National rather than vice-versa. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom