The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep the cost down by only buying my very favourite albums; No filler
this.

though i mix all three, downloads, CDs, and vinyl. but like pf, i can't tell the difference between these 180g vinyls and CDs, it only sounds better because the record player is hooked up to two massive surround sound speakers in the lounge room.

i stick to buying CDs, because they're cheaper, but lately i have been drawn to records just for the packaging and the artwork. the Embryonic vinyl i have is probably the coolest fucking thing i own.

Just got home from seeing them. A spur of the moment thing -- I was driving home from a prior commitment when it dawned on me that I could swing over and catch the show. Well worth catching. :yes:

I don't own a single effects pedal, but I figured out how to roughly play the opening effect on Little Faith today, which was king of exciting.

Apparently I made the right move getting there just before the main act. :)

So Squalor Victoria is epic (EP!C!1!) live. Just thought you should know.

I haven't been keeping up with set-lists, so I don't know how last night's concert stacked up. But they played every song off High Violet save for Sorrow.

Here's the full set-list:

Runaway
Anyone's Ghost
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Secret Meeting
Slow Show
Squalor Victoria
Afraid Of Everyone
All The Wine
Available /Cardinal Song
Racing Like A Pro
Conversation 16
Apartment Story
Ada
Abel
England
Fake Empire
---
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
Lemonworld
Mr. November
Terrible Love

Again I don't know what has been happening, but Mr. November was unbelievable with Matt making his way through the crowd as he sang.

I didn't enjoy watching the Antlers live. Their songs meander way too much.

Interesting. I really enjoy The Antlers and Hospice and have heard their songs translate very well live. Regardless, I'm psyched to see them open tomorrow night.

Oh yes.

TOMORROW NIGHT, BITCHES!!

TOMORROW NIGHT, BITCHES!!

sham4.jpg

I am a braggart (now). It is what I do.

But, one time I was a glowing young ruffian. Oh my god it was a million years ago...

Again I don't know what has been happening, but Mr. November was unbelievable with Matt making his way through the crowd as he sang.

He did the same thing last year; I believe it's a staple move of his, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. I'm also SO FUCKING ECSTATIC to see "Available" is still in the setlists. That's the one and only song I'll be pissed about if they don't play.

Last edited:
Do you like their album? Or have you listened to it? Because if you hadn't, I can see how they'd be extremely boring, but who knows. Maybe they'll be piss poor, though it doesn't matter, since THE NASH! are following them up and will blow them out of the water either way.

:lol:

I enjoy the album, but that kid's got the stage presence of a sloth. They're extended instrumentals were simple and uninspired. In short, they made the idea of hospice seem worse.

Ah, okay. Well, I've suffered through my fair share of singers with poor stage presence, but that usually doesn't bring the entire show down. I'm sure I'll have an opinion after tomorrow, though.

So Squalor Victoria is epic (EP!C!1!) live. Just thought you should know.

I haven't been keeping up with set-lists, so I don't know how last night's concert stacked up. But they played every song off High Violet save for Sorrow.

Here's the full set-list:

Runaway
Anyone's Ghost
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Secret Meeting
Slow Show
Squalor Victoria
Afraid Of Everyone
All The Wine
Available /Cardinal Song
Racing Like A Pro
Conversation 16
Apartment Story
Ada
Abel
England
Fake Empire
---
Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks
Lemonworld
Mr. November
Terrible Love

They've been usually playing 9-10 off High Violet, usually skipping out Sorrow, Vanderlyle, or Lemonworld. Your setlist is unique in that you got Ada, which I'm not sure has been played yet this tour.

I'd just about poop my pants if I heard "Ada" live. And "Available" into motherfuckin' "Cardinal Song?" Sweet sassy molassey.

No one else wants to comment on how fuckin' epic Squalor Victoria is live?

Also Lemonworld was the weakest song of the gig, I thought. My buddy thought Vanderlye was the weakest. I told him to stick his face in a blender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom