The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The band was fantastic, but the venue is kinda shit and the crowd was a little too cool for school (most sat). It picked up in the second half though. I enjoyed it

I was pleasantly surprised by the fans when I saw them in Melbourne in January at an all-seated venue. Matt got the crowd standing by the third song and most stayed standing for the whole show, even during Green Gloves (when even I was considering sitting down).

Green Gloves is one of the best National songs.

The crowd in Philly was excellent last year, aside from the douche bag screaming for Guest Room after every song. The Electric Factory being a venue where it's all standing room helps.

Why cause a big commotion over Guest Room anyway? Decent song and all, but I'd only be an obnoxious asshole over, say, Ada.

I'm fucking saying. Of all the songs, Guest Room?

There were dozens of people shouting for Slow Show during the encore when they started to realize it wasn't going to be played.

I just realized that even though I've seen The National twice, I've never seen them as a headliner. This is bullshit. I'd be the guy screaming

EX-ILE VIL-I-FY!!! AUGHH FUCK YOU FUCK THIS FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME UNNGHH COME ON EXILE VILIFY DAMMITT FUCCCCKKKKK

The first time that I saw them, someone was repeatedly screaming for Santa Clara of all things - to which Matt finally said, "there is only so much room in my head for song lyrics."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom