The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been sold, but thanks for the interest. Would've been happy to figure out the international rates for you, Cobbs, but LM hopped on these immediately.

lazarus said:
At this rate, the Dodgers will be moving back to Brooklyn before you do, Tex.

I think the lousy job market is having more to do with that than spending $20 on something that means a lot to me. Still working on it.

I like the idea of buying the vinyls of my favorite albums and framing them. It's like a really classy version of a band poster.

It's definitely a nice touch for decor and kicks the shit out of posters that aren't framed prints from shows. I've got five frames that I rotate signed records in and out of. Right now those are It Still Moves, Actor, Dear Science, Broken Social Scene, and Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. #namedrop

My wall consists of: a U2 poster (Joshua Tree), a Radiohead poster (looks to be from the HTTT era) and the Black Keys poster that came on the backside of the Brothers liner notes. There's also a Phillies rally towel up there. #college

I need something from The National, but all I have is three of their CDs.

I like the idea of buying the vinyls of my favorite albums and framing them. It's like a really classy version of a band poster.

I have JUST the sleeves to Hunky Dory and Man Who Sold the World (Leg Kick cover, not dress, which would've been sweet, since I already said Hunky Dory's the other one I have), I've been thinking of framing them for some time and just never get around to it. I also bought two Bobby Darin 45's simply to frame them and haven't done that either. I need to not be lazy.

CD. Looks like it's sold by a third party, ah well.

Maybe I'll find some super duper Outkast release and dash Cobbler's hopes on that too.

i could do without having heard one version of ms jackson and have no idea why we let cobbler turn the national thread into another outkast thread.

My reissues arrived today and look/sound just terrific. I don't feel like bothering with taking photos, but for those interested, here are some shots of what they look like taken from allthewine:

ff78xw.jpg

2zi5551.jpg

So now I've got a blue self-titled, original red Cherry Tree, these, and a purple High Violet. My regular black vinyl SSFDL must feel like shit about itself. Maybe I should try to snag one of the white ones from the third pressing and ditch my second pressing in the process.

You didn't manage a copy of that release that came out, what, last year was it?

The first run in 2003 was only 500 pressed. Early last year, they found 500 of the original sleeves in the Brassland warehouse and pressed 500 more to fill them. That was the second pressing, and it's the one I have. Later in the year, they did a full on reissue the same time they did the debut with 500 on white vinyl, 2500 on black. That I didn't jump on, figuring a second pressing had more actual value.

The first run in 2003 was only 500 pressed. Early last year, they found 500 of the original sleeves in the Brassland warehouse and pressed 500 more to fill them. That was the second pressing, and it's the one I have. Later in the year, they did a full on reissue the same time they did the debut with 500 on white vinyl, 2500 on black. That I didn't jump on.

Oh, I guess I didn't catch that 2nd pressing (That's a really awesome thing to have). So is there no color release of Sad Songs?

There are 500 of the 3000 in the third pressing on white vinyl. Also, 500 of the 3000 in the first (and only) pressing of the self-titled are blue, and 500 of the 3000 second pressings of Cherry Tree are red. The first pressing of 1000 Cherry Trees are all on clear red. There aren't numbers for these new Boxer and Alligator runs available, and I'd imagine there were something around 5000 of the purple High Violet US pressings.

And that's a quick history of limited edition National vinyl, children.

OH! I misread that last sentence. I thought you were saying they did the debut on white vinyl along with Sad Songs on black. :doh:

Saw my first National show tonight.

Supported by the Walkmen.

Mistaken for Strangers third song.

Terrible Love: if Matt had taken another step, I could have touched him.

Vanderlyle: last song. Epic.

:faint:

Saw my first National show tonight.

Supported by the Walkmen.

Mistaken for Strangers third song.

Terrible Love: if Matt had taken another step, I could have touched him.

Vanderlyle: last song. Epic.

:faint:

Yay!!

They are awesome live. :)

Love how the communal singing slightly dropped off as a lot of people forgot the third verse (and me :reject: ). But came back storming in the chorus :shifty: (and I still have no freakin idea what the song's about... )

And nothing like singing "cos I'm eeeeevvvviiiiiiillllll" with 1500 or so like minded souls :love:

Also, is it their usual practice to show some really jumpy vision of them backstage just before they come on? Entertaining if just to watch Matt chuck a lot of icecubes into his wine glass and then wander up the hallway to the stage. And I hope that was some good South Australian shiraz he was guzzling :cute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom