The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They apparently also previewed a mockumentary about the album and tour during the festival. The mockumentary was the inspiration for the Terrible Love video. It's called Summer Lovin' Torture Party (which was a working title for the album).

Friend of Mine was one of those that actually got me into The National in the first place. Still one of my favorites from Alligator.

The Lisbon version is pretty rough, but Berninger and Dessner go into this hilarious rant afterwards that more than makes up for it.

tumblr_ll972cUvt31qetkzgo1_400.png

Two things. If you wanted the red vinyl reissue of Cherry Tree, you can order it on the Brassland site now. They're moving fast, only 175 left. So get on it.

And on a personal note, I broke down and ordered that clear vinyl "Think You Can Wait" b/w "Exile Vilify" split 7 inch. Look out.

I used to rank Alligator considerably below Boxer, but the former has exponentially grown on me. I really don't know which is the stronger album now; it's really a dead heat. Also, Cherry Tree is one of the best EPs that I have ever heard.

No matter how close the two albums may be for me, Fake Empire will always be the tiebreaker. One of my all-time favorite songs, as much as I love their others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom