The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else find that National songs get stuck in your head really easily? i listen to an album and i'm singing half the songs for the next two days. :lol:

bloodbuzz ohio has been stuck in my head now for the last two days. but i think that's more to do with the number of times i listened to it the other day than anything else. :shifty: (there are a few smilies i use, that being one of them)

I've had random songs by them stuck in my head the last few days. I mean songs that I haven't listened to in a while. "Ada" was stuck in my head for a good three or four days last week, and I've got one stuck in my head right now I can't even recall the name of.

EDIT: It was "Runaway", that's interesting. I didn't think it was because it felt like it was a song I knew better than that.

Nobody uses exclamation points or smilies anymore. :(

:hmm::applaud::D:up: !!!!

I do agree about the negativity, which I find unfortunate. I like when people write out reasoning for their opinions, which is why I typically always enjoy your posts. Helps to understand where they're coming from, and their feelings on what type of music they like, and what not.

I guess I just wish people would spend more time talking about things they like, rather than things they dislike, as this place can really seem like a bummer. I admittedly almost never want to make threads about things I like that are not being discussed here, as I assume people will come in and piss and moan all over in it. Even bands we all essentially unanimously like on Interference have a weird negative vibe in them quite often. I blame Elfa for this, and will be contributing liberally to BoMac's "Kill Elfa" fund.

who's elfa?

i'm just a negative person. but joking aside, there's something to be said about actually being positive about stuff sometimes. it's funny, though. i have this weird mentality that allows me to shit on bands i don't like/songs by bands i do like that i don't like to no end. but when i start raving about something i do truly love, going back and seeing my posts makes me a little nauseous. and listening to people gush about stuff they like makes me sick as well. probably because the bulk of it isn't well-thoughtout gushing, it's a bunch of smilies and !!!!!!s (because despite the conversation on the last page or so here, it does happen), or maybe it isn't like that anymore but it used to be and this mentality is leftover from another time when i used to spend A LOT of time on this forum. or maybe from when i used to actually read u2 threads? who knows. who cares. i can positively discuss something i do like with plenty of examples to back up what i love about it, but i find myself doing this alone in threads where mofo, UL, and maybe one or two other people might actually be interested. it's just easier not to do it.

I think the funniest part of B&C is that we're all on a U2 board but most of us don't particularly enjoy U2 that much anymore.

yeah, i've been amused by that for some time now. i can't say i've ever seen an "other music" subforum on any other band-related forum, official or unofficial, that gets as much action as this place, either.

I think the funniest part of B&C is that we're all on a U2 board but most of us don't particularly enjoy U2 that much anymore.

I think B&C is the reason I don't particularly enjoy U2, at least their 2000s output, all that much. Thanks to people here, I've become exposed to bands like The National where I otherwise would not have even heard of them.

:lol: basically, what you're saying is that without b&c, you'd have happily deluded yourself into thinking post-90s u2 was actually good*, and been blissfully unaware that there is far, far better music, actual GOOD music out there?

*i still have a soft spot for atyclb, even despite everything i've said lately, but otherwise i'm in the "2000s u2 sucks" camp.

No. I'm saying that B&C helped point me in the direction of some great music when I really needed it and I am indebted to the people here for that. I was never thrilled with the U2's 2000 output to begin with and would have had that opinion with or without B&C.

What B&C also provides is a safe haven from the other insane elements of this site, namely EYKIW and probably contributed to my cynicism towards U2 fans in general.

yeah, i've been amused by that for some time now. i can't say i've ever seen an "other music" subforum on any other band-related forum, official or unofficial, that gets as much action as this place, either.
At Ease does, but it's a clusterfuck that's difficult to wade through. Most of the posting in this forum is legitimate, which is the good part. You don't find yourself skipping over much because everyone's pretty reliable.

i tried reading that board once several years ago. it was messy as i remember.

Also, that forum possibly has more assholes per thread than Interference has fan fiction writers, which is remarkable.

dammit, i'd forgotten fanfiction existed. why did you have to go and remind me? we're not friends anymore. :cry:

haha, cry isn't a smiley?

:crying:

:sad:

:unhappy:

:(

ok, sad is what i was looking for. got it.

Do you remember Cujo's "The Tail of Paul McGuinness" poems? Good times. That was back in the day when horrifically disturbing slash was allowed too.

So has anyone actually purchased the deluxe version of High Violet? I want the bonus disc, but don't want to re-buy the album. Can you buy the bonus stuff digitally?

speak for yourself chum :p
I think B&C is the reason I don't particularly enjoy U2, at least their 2000s output, all that much. Thanks to people here, I've become exposed to bands like The National where I otherwise would not have even heard of them.
this. i too am forever indebted to B&C because i have discovered an insurmountable amount of music that i have loved and that is directly linked to this forum.
:hmm::applaud::D:up: !!!!

I do agree about the negativity, which I find unfortunate. I like when people write out reasoning for their opinions, which is why I typically always enjoy your posts. Helps to understand where they're coming from, and their feelings on what type of music they like, and what not.

I guess I just wish people would spend more time talking about things they like, rather than things they dislike, as this place can really seem like a bummer. I admittedly almost never want to make threads about things I like that are not being discussed here, as I assume people will come in and piss and moan all over in it. Even bands we all essentially unanimously like on Interference have a weird negative vibe in them quite often. I blame Elfa for this, and will be contributing liberally to BoMac's "Kill Elfa" fund.

i always like your posts... except the "friggin' cobbler" ones, they just hurt my feelings

Do you remember Cujo's "The Tail of Paul McGuinness" poems? Good times. That was back in the day when horrifically disturbing slash was allowed too.

So has anyone actually purchased the deluxe version of High Violet? I want the bonus disc, but don't want to re-buy the album. Can you buy the bonus stuff digitally?

oh my god. i forgot about those, they were genius. pure hilariousness. i miss the cu-ho. he was funny shit.

except the "friggin' cobbler" ones, they just hurt my feelings

I had a Hawaiian / Okinawan roommate for a while who used to always say that as a term of endearment when someone would saying something funny or sarcastic. He'd laugh and say, "Friggin' who-ever-just-said-something-humorous". I thought it was hilarious every time he said it. I randomly remembered it one day, and started writing it when you posted things. For some reason I like using inside jokes that no one else understands but me. :wink:

I don't mean to suggest that non-B&C sections of the forum are primitive, but it makes me smile that PLEBA is still upbeat. It's like it got buried under the rest of civilization, and the remains reveal a time when posts consisting of only this existed.

OK, yeah, that is probably extraordinarily offensive to PLEBAns.

they'd need to be able to read in order to be offended. since all they do is pictures, i think you're safe.

:wink:

:lmao:

more things i had totally forgotten about.

:lmao:

hey, remember how i used to post in pleba, and you thought i was a gay dude?

I had a Hawaiian / Okinawan roommate for a while who used to always say that as a term of endearment when someone would saying something funny or sarcastic. He'd laugh and say, "Friggin' who-ever-just-said-something-humorous". I thought it was hilarious every time he said it. I randomly remembered it one day, and started writing it when you posted things. For some reason I like using inside jokes that no one else understands but me. :wink:
:lol: well kudos to you and your Hawaiian friend, because it stuck!
That's why I said MOST. Friggin' Cobbler.

i should have edited your post to

Originally Posted by PhilsFan
I think the funniest part of B&C is that we don't particularly enjoy U2 that much anymore.

that would have worked a little better. you're still psyched for your gig in like 9 months though yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom