The National (Part 2) - High Violet & Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
443.jpg

Your third single: Terrible Love.

Is this pic from the Terrible Love video? ^^^

If so could the alternative version be acoustic?
I pressumed it would be the straight up rock version they play live.

No, that's just them in an office, which I thought was funny because of all the "white collar band" stuff they get labeled with. I think it said they were warming up there briefly before a gig.

I find their pulling of the race card in this performance regrettable.

I'm not a fan of this version either, Especially not as a concert closer!
I hope The National change this, The crowd here look painfully bored and as said above the vibe is pretty tame, school asembly vibe to it alright.

Vanderlylle was fine as it was before, It was great actually, better than the album version IMO.

That crowd did get Mr. November > Terrible Love > About Today before that, so I'm not feeling sorry for them.

Such a great group of songs...I was chuffed to get these three at the show I saw.

I'm not a fan of this version either, Especially not as a concert closer!
I hope The National change this, The crowd here look painfully bored and as said above the vibe is pretty tame, school asembly vibe to it alright.

Painfully bored? No one's leaving...if they were painfully bored, the place would have been empty before the song ended.

I think maybe that crowd was so into the show that the band came out (or stayed out) after the encores and did one last song as a special thank you. If that's the case, it was mighty damned cool. :yes:

probably sums up everything i don't like about the National :lol: but yeah if it was as indra said, just an impromptu way to end a great gig, then that's pretty cool.

that would take pride of place in the middle of the main set at a U2 gig :lol:

If everything I disliked about The National was, "They don't sound as good with unmiced acoustic guitars and a tambourine," then I fucking love The National.

Nice. I'm seeing them Saturday. Won't be attending next Monday's ACL taping, however.

If everything I disliked about The National was, "They don't sound as good with unmiced acoustic guitars and a tambourine," then I fucking love The National.

They played the "unmiced" version to close out the show that I attended last night, and it had an incredibly strong reception. The whole place was spellbound. Matt had also spent the majority of "Terrible Love" wandering through the crowd, which had definitely raised the excitement level.

Shout out for Aussie fans, presale starts this evening at 5pm for Sydney and Melbourne shows (password is Violet).

I'm so there at the Sydney show, but $75 +bf is fucking ridiculous.

I saw The National last night at the ACL Festival.

Good God, they were incredible. I thought they murdered everything else I saw that weekend, including Muse.

Hilarious. Obviously the "intro", but especially the ending, where he actually goes out of the concert hall to finish screaming what I think is Mr.November. :D
No, it's actually basically synced up with the video: it's Terrible Love. Mr. November ends with him singing, they don't play on after that. And if you watch the instruments, it's definitely the end of Terrible Love.

No, it's actually basically synced up with the video: it's Terrible Love. Mr. November ends with him singing, they don't play on after that. And if you watch the instruments, it's definitely the end of Terrible Love.

Terrible Love it is then. I was keeping my eyes on Berninger the whole time without noticing what the band is actually playing.

Anyway, I don't consider it to be superior to the album version; personally I love the lo-fi, filthy feel of the album version.

I don't like the album version because it fucks with the drumming. This version is better solely because you can hear the drumming as you should be able to.

I forgot to mention how good the show was a week and a half ago. It was good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom