The Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

For instance, could you expand upon the thumbs up...

:sexywink:

cujo said:
The Music is releasing a special extended edition of Welcome To The North with additional Live Tracks

You going to include those on that CD you're "making" for me? :wink:

Ummm....

Hmmm.

*shuffles feet.

Well we've had to take the album back to formula. I'm gonna need another year or two with a new producer... in order to rock you that much harder.

With a Vengeance!!!

Bumping this topic because I mentioned the band in another topic.

I'm absolutly in love with Bleed From Within. Excellent protest song.

Edgeman said:

I'm absolutly in love with Bleed From Within. Excellent protest song.

Yes, great song. I ripped the 'Welcome to the North' album and put it on my iPod because of your bumping this thread, Edgeman. Good job.

A few weeks ago, The Music opened for U2 in Paris. It happened to be my birthday, but due to geographic hindrance I could not grace the grounds of the gig.

As a belated birthday present to myself and any folks who are interested in The Music, here are some short videos that an audience member recorded in Paris:

http://www.themusic.fr/

Scroll down to the 15/07/2005 entry to find clips of the six songs performed (Take the Long Road and Walk It, The Truth Is No Words, Freedom Fighters, Getaway, Disco, and Bleed From Within).

Credit to Theano. Merci et bon soir.

martha said:
the third leg

Apparently, The Music is working on a new album. The pieces of video that have been released do not hint at a new sound exploration... pretty standard for their catalogue:

www.themusic.co.uk

But, here is a great extended remix of Breakin' to tide over the still interested parties:

h t t p://download.ysi.com/F169F6532C4C0FF4

(remove the spaces and replace ysi with you send it)

I'm usually not all that big of a fan of rock remixes, but I'm digging this one. It makes me unable to Fight the Feeling of needing to perform The Dance at the Disco with The People. That was awful.

Thanks for the hook up, 'Jo. Looking forward to a new album.

I received Strength In Numbers for Christmas and love it. :love: I've been meaning to bump this thread to ask if anybody else has heard it.

Ha! Nice to know there's a thread about them. Strenght in their best album to me.

I haven't been able to get into it as much as i had hoped yet, but it's still a pretty solid album. It's sorta like the Secret Machines most recent album, I don't have anything negative to say about it, but it just hasn't made a huge impression on me yet. I think their singer sorta has Bono's diarrhea of the mouth syndrome in terms of speaking about new albums though, as the praise and claims he made about it before it was released couldn't have been further from the mark, but it's still enjoyable. I should give it another spin this week. What are your favorite tracks from it, BC?

Back
Top Bottom