The Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you can find it...pick up the live DVD. Amazing stuff on there.

My fav is New Instrumental....very cool stuff.

I can't wait for a new album.

:wink:

Yes, the DVD is one of the best directed live concerts that I've seen. Definitely something interesting even for the casual fans.

Adam Nutter's distortion is something to be envied.

:up:

oops... I see I called him Phil a few posts back. Tool am I.

Last edited:
I still cannot find the album. I believe I'll have to order it or something.

The Music have announced details of the release of the first new material from
their, as yet, untitled second album.

Welcome To the North will be made available to download on Monday 19th July 2004
via the band?s website.

Recorded with producer Brendan O?Brien (Stone Temple Pilots, Korn, Soundgarden,
Pearl Jam) in Atlanta in the early part of 2004, Welcome To the North, is one of
12 tracks from the album due sometime in September. The track was previewed
earlier this year at the bands sold out NME Awards headline show at London?s
Astoria.

The album will be preceded by a single, Freedom Fighters in September.

--- courtesy www.themusic.uk.com

Nice title.

I'm elated. So much so... look at my superfluous thumbs.

:up: :up:

I agree with that :up:

Their album has grown on me immensely :up:

....I know someone who bought their CD today.......

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
....I know someone who bought their CD today.......

Guilty as charged! I heard "Take the Long Road and Walk It" and "Getaway" and had to buy the whole album. I love the band, but I'm all about the lead singer's voice. :up:

I was driving behind a guy today who had a The Music sticker on his back window. I wanted to follow him and ask if I could have his babies.

I listened to their album three times while on the road between here and Arizona. I am officially impressed. Favorite songs so far are Turn Out the Light, Getaway, Human, The Truth Is No Words, and Too High.

It's amazing all the activity going on with The Music's website as of late. You'll have to indulge another post of mine...

They've released a one-minute video clip of Welcome To The North, and it's available on windows media player and real player.

Welcome To The North Video

If you liked the first album, I think you'll enjoy this new song. Not a huge departure, but a good riff with some interesting peripheral sounds.

Agreed. As well your favourites from the first album suit my fancy.

One day I'll have to make a mix of all their b-sides, for the world to share. Let Love Be The Healer, Jag Tune, and Dragon Song are excellent, but I'm not sure of their availability online. I recommend looking into it.

Last edited:
Cuj, you get those B-sides to me. I'll get them to everyone else :wink:

The new one sounds good from what I've heard :up:

I also listened to this album again this week. Truth Is No Words and Turn Out the Light were the 2 that stood out to me the most this time.

Courtesy of www.themusic.co.uk
The Music release their second album, "Welcome To The North" through Virgin Records on September 20th 2004. Recorded with producer Brendan O'Brien (Stone Temple Pilots, Bob Dylan, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam) in Atlanta in the early part of 2004, the 11 track album will be preceded by a single, Freedom Fighters on
September 6th.

The full tracklisting is:

01. Welcome To The North
02. Freedom Fighters
03. Bleed From Within
04. Breakin'
05. Cessation
06. Fight The Feeling
07. Guide
08. Into The Night
09. I Need Love
10. One Way In, No Way Out
11. Open Your Mind

The band will also make the track "Welcome To The North" available for download on 19th July 2004 via their website.

:up: :up:

The initial sour taste I had for The Music has now passed, still I consider them just ok. Im open to the new album changing my mind however.

Back
Top Bottom