The most essential album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caleb8844

War Child
What does everyone think is the most essential album ever created? Y'know, the one album EVERYONE MUST hear.

I'll start it off and say "Sgt Pepper's" or "Achtung Baby"

Borntorun.jpg

The Queen Is Dead is my favourite album, but The Stone Roses' self-titled is the album I'd call most essential, as it's the one album that exemplifies how enjoyable listening to music can be.

Probably...

Achtung Baby by U2
OK Computer by Radiohead
Dog Man Star by Suede
London Calling by The Clash

That's off the top of my head, but there's not something like one essential album. There's several of them. I mean, a lot of them.

prince_sign_o_times.jpg

Most essential double album, at any rate. The only one I consider perfect, all good tracks.

Abbey Road. Rumours. The Joshua Tree. The Soft Bulletin. Fleet Foxes.

(one from each decade from 1960-2010)

Abbey Road
Who's Next
The Velvet Underground
The Joshua Tree

ah, what the hell:
Different Class

The Joshua Tree, hands down.

Totally biased, but hands down.

And for one that I think everyone should hear personally,

Californication

Fixed that for ya.

Lol it's a bit ridiculous that I literally stared at that for like 30 seconds because I couldn't tell what you'd changed?

Personally, I can listen to that album on loop. Top 6 and bottom 3 songs on that album are pretty awesome. I could see maybe why some wouldn't like those middle songs. Like I said though, just a personal choice.

Lol it's a bit ridiculous that I literally stared at that for like 30 seconds because I couldn't tell what you'd changed?

Personally, I can listen to that album on loop. Top 6 and bottom 3 songs on that album are pretty awesome. I could see maybe why some wouldn't like those middle songs. Like I said though, just a personal choice.

I don't know if I've ever been more disappointed by a second half of an album myself. Then again, I'm not a huge fan of the band or anything either. but yes, to each their own

it is, but i think this is more "what's the one essential album that every serious music fan should hear", as in, if you're into music enough to be posting about it on the internet, then you should have heard this album.

it is, but i think this is more "what's the one essential album that every serious music fan should hear", as in, if you're into music enough to be posting about it on the internet, then you should have heard this album.

Well, this is a preposterous idea as well :tongue:

I think it maybe only starts working when you zoom in and talk about individual artists/bands.

The idea that there's one essential album everyone must hear is IMO rather preposterous.

Yeah, but it gives everyone a chance to post their favourite albums again. :wink:

what a terrible cover :lol: they look like the bad guys that get stuck in the glass in one of those 80s Superman movies!

Friggin' Cobbler. It's a great cover. You suck.

Talk Talk - The Colour Of Spring
51KAXYp8NgL._SS500_.jpg

The OK Computer of the Eighties. Showing how a poppy band can make the transition to more challenging music and at the same time hugely improving their composition skills. After Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys the most essential record there is. According to me. :)

Back
Top Bottom