The most average albums ever made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm gonna break some news to you that might be painful at first, but it's for your own good: Coldplay don't give a fuck about you. That's right. No matter how much you defend them on the internet, they're never going to send you a royalty check. No matter how much you act like a self-righteous (deluded?) asshole on their behalf, that phone call asking you to go on tour with them is never going to come. In the end they're just another band that you enjoy - like the Jonas Brothers.

I simply hate you because you're you. Coldplay doesn't really factor.

So calm the fuck down.

You are priceless. :lol:

1. I have done or said something to make you "hate" me? Please explain what this was.

2. I like the Jonas Brothers? Don't know any of their songs. They're an American fad I think.

3. I am a "deluded" and "self-righteous" asshole"?

4. I expect Coldplay to ring me up and ask me to tour with them.

Are you one of those people who "hate" people who don't think exactly the same as you do? If so, good luck with life mate, it's a long journey and you're gonna make a lot of enemies and very few friends. Enjoy!

You are priceless.

Yes.

Are you one of those people who "hate" people who don't think exactly the same as you do? If so, good luck with life mate, it's a long journey and you're gonna make a lot of enemies and very few friends. Enjoy!

The funny thing is that I'm pretty well liked around here, while you continue to piss people off.

Yes.

The funny thing is that I'm pretty well liked around here, while you continue to piss people off.

Again, if you call having a difference of opinion about something as trivial as music as an act of "pissing someone off", you appear to lack tolerance.

Please elaborate on what I have done to make you HATE me. That intrigues me, as I can't recall any personal attacks I've made against anyone, and I hardly ever interact with you anyway.

How old are you anyway?

Again, if you call having a difference of opinion about something as trivial as music as an act of "pissing someone off", you appear to lack tolerance.

Please elaborate on what I have done to make you HATE me. That intrigues me, as I can't recall any personal attacks I've made against anyone, and I hardly ever interact with you anyway.

How old are you anyway?

I have a different musical than most of the people I like here. The thing that makes you different is your attitude toward your musical taste. This is a thread about 'average albums'. I posted two albums that I find very average. You respond with a very negative post. Sadly, this is not uncommon. You seem like a keyboard warrior out to defend all that you believe in. There are a lot of posters on here that I disagree with and most of them disagree with me. The difference is that they're willing to be cool and interact in the middle of that disagreement. You can't get past the argument. It's boring.

Because of that I 'hate' you. Webster will tell you that one definition of hate is ' to have a strong aversion to : find very distasteful '. That pretty much sums up my thoughts toward you, so we'll stick with 'hate'.

I suggest you put on Viva La Vida and mellow out.

Dalton and intedomine,

There are a lot of people at this site, so we are going to run into lots of different opinions on things. Let's keep it cool and not get too fired up about a difference of opinion. If you want to debate and discuss, that's fine, but let's just calm down.

Metal Machine Music is at least something different... certainly not "average," in any sense.

Metal Machine Music is not just different, it is "the perfect album to do chores to..., I find it to be an oddly mesmeric slab of wax. There are these leitmotifs, nee squawky feedback loops, that add, beneath the prison walls of vicious noise, a musicality belying its reputation. The speakers pulsate and scream, evoking aural-images of armadas of 1970s vacuum cleaners sucking up overloaded blenders that have just decapitated a jungle full of scavenger fowl." but sadly "It's not bright eyes" :sad:

You seem like a keyboard warrior out to defend all that you believe in. There are a lot of posters on here that I disagree with and most of them disagree with me. You can't get past the argument. It's boring.

Total bollocks. If so, the only people who aren't "keyboard warriors" (pathetic term) are those who don't post at all and just float around here. It's a natural instinct for one to defend something one believes in. If you don't, there is not need to discuss it any further. Shut down the forum, end of discussion. Let's all go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

If I defend something it's wrong, but if someone else does it's OK. I don't know where your prejudice against me comes from, but it's quite out of nowhere. And I swear I barely interact with you. Last time I remembered you took some nasty swipe at me for no real reason, something about "It's your point of view, so it doesn't matter". Charming. Is it because I'm Australian, coming from a different point of view than most on here? I'm not premium or something?

[
U]The difference is that they're willing to be cool and interact in the middle of that disagreement.[/U]

"Interact in the middle of the disagreement" - what does that mean? It makes no sense.

Come on guys, Bonochick has already had to say something in this thread. Time to let it go.

00-kaiser_chiefs-yours_truly_angry_mob-2007-uf1.jpg

I'd say this release will be remembered as quite average. At the time, it seemed pretty sweet, thanks to it's better songs such as The Angry Mob, Everything Is Average Nowdays, Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning), Retirement and Highroyds.

But there is so much autopilot filler on here that just really bores, Heat Dies Down, Thank You Very Much, Learnt My Lesson Well especially.

Their new album is much more interesting, though even that has average moments, yet not so overwhelmingly disappointing as Yours Truly, Angry Mob as a whole album.

I'd say this release will be remembered as quite average. At the time, it seemed pretty sweet, thanks to it's better songs such as The Angry Mob, Everything Is Average Nowdays, Love's Not A Competition (But I'm Winning), Retirement and Highroyds.

But there is so much autopilot filler on here that just really bores, Heat Dies Down, Thank You Very Much, Learnt My Lesson Well especially.

Their new album is much more interesting, though even that has average moments, yet not so overwhelmingly disappointing as Yours Truly, Angry Mob as a whole album.

I'm the opposite, their new album is boring as hell. I've lost interest in them thanks to it. Yours Truly didn't age too well though. Employment is still a great album

This is about average albums, not shitty ones.

I consider Bomb by far U2's most average album. It goes like this:

Fucking Awesome: Joshua Tree
Good: Boy, No Line, Achtung, Unforgettable Fire
Above Average: October, War
Average: Bomb
Failed Experiments: RAH, Zooropa, Pop
Shitty: ATYCLB

We disagree on all that far more than I figured we would.

The only U2 albums I would consider average are ATYCLB and October. The former because of a distinct lack of truly great material, and the latter because of its inconsistency.

Back
Top Bottom