The most average albums ever made - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #166
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Bah!!!
Ruffled Feather Total - 1

Old 04-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #167
Blue Meth Addict

I have no problem with Pearl Jam, I think they've already achieved "classic rock" type status, which is extremely impressive. They've made numerous fantastic songs through out their career, and still are pumping them out.

That all said, I feel like they've thrown way too much filler into the vast majority of their albums.. As I'm more of an album type person, I stopped buying their stuff over a decade ago, as I was sick of getting burned. I have a friend who's a Pearl Jam fanatic (back when there were stores that sold CD bootlegs, we'd go and he'd buy Pearl Jam bootlegs while I was getting U2 bootlegs), so I still hear most of their albums when they're released. Each album always has a few killer tunes on it....but that's about it. Their albums aren't bad by any means, but I personally would place them in the "average" category in regards to their work as actual "albums".

Again, I don't think they "suck", quite the opposite actually, I just think their albums have been a little soft overall. Sorry this wasn't a popular opinion here, I actually thought it was a fairly common feeling. My bad. This is why I usually avoid threads like this, I hate pissing on other peoples parades.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #168
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Ruffled Feather Total - 1
lol I was only half joking. But I'll tell you, the first time I listened to them, I thought the exact same thing. Now they're one of my favourite bands
Old 04-03-2009, 12:24 PM   #169
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Each album always has a few killer tunes on it....but that's about it.
word
Old 04-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #170
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I have no problem with Pearl Jam, I think they've already achieved "classic rock" type status, which is extremely impressive. They've made numerous fantastic songs through out their career, and still are pumping them out.

That all said, I feel like they've thrown way too much filler into the vast majority of their albums.. As I'm more of an album type person, I stopped buying their stuff over a decade ago, as I was sick of getting burned. I have a friend who's a Pearl Jam fanatic (back when there were stores that sold CD bootlegs, we'd go and he'd buy Pearl Jam bootlegs while I was getting U2 bootlegs), so I still hear most of their albums when they're released. Each album always has a few killer tunes on it....but that's about it. Their albums aren't bad by any means, but I personally would place them in the "average" category in regards to their work as actual "albums".

Again, I don't think they "suck", quite the opposite actually, I just think their albums have been a little soft overall. Sorry this wasn't a popular opinion here, I actually thought it was a fairly common feeling. My bad. This is why I usually avoid threads like this, I hate pissing on other peoples parades.
You've saved yourself with this post. I called off the team of highly-trained mercenaries that I hired to track down and injure every person in Utah that has purchased a Mac computer in the last week.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #171
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
this might ruffle some feathers, but i find all the albums by The National to be average and very overrated.
If I hadn't already been a National fan, I probably would have thought that outside of a few songs, Boxer was the most overrated piece of mediocrity of the last few years. I'm still not satisfied with it, but I've forgiven it for some of its weakness over the last year.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

One of my coolest concert experiences ever was at a Pearl Jam show. About 4 years ago at the Air Canada Centre when Bono got up on stage and sang rockin in the free world with them. All the house lights were on and the place was going completely ape shit. It will be difficult for any show to match that level of energy
Old 04-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #173
Blue Crack Addict

Best live band in the world.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:02 PM   #174
The Male

Local Time: 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elevated_u2_fan View Post
I'll agree with this, I really like 10 and Vs, the rest are kind of meh...
Make it Ten and Vitalogy, and I'm right there with you.

I am a huge fan of Mike McCready. I think he's one of the best guitarists of his time, but Eddie Vedder tends to hold the music back for me. I simply don't find his voice appealing.

Now.
LemonMelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
I need to not open this thread anymore
Old 04-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
this might ruffle some feathers, but i find all the albums by The National to be average and very overrated.
I agree that they're overrated, but for me they're in "good but not great" basket rather than average.

I'd also add Day & Age by Killers. Sam's Town at least had some outstanding tracks but the latest album is just average top to bottom IMO.