The man, the enigma, the legend: Brian Eno

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
I was just gonna put this in Another Random Circlejerk I Fucked Lance's Mum In The Brownie thread, but I figured there's enough fans out there right? Plus people who swing past this place might recognise the name cos he produces U2 albums, and be intrigued, and then, like me, realise he's been recording music for decades and want to talk about it.

Anyway, we're getting another Warp Eno album on July 5, with poet Rick Holland, called "Drums Between the Bells": Pitchfork: Brian Eno Readies New Collaborative Album Track two, Glitch, is in the link, and it's kind of cool.

But we could also talk about aaaaaaaaaaaall the music Brian has released over his career, and how damn good it is. As it is I've still only listened to Another Green World (amazing), Discreet Music and Music for Airports.

That mix Phoenix did of Foreground with one of the Discreet Music tracks goes to show just how good this man was/is.

Carry on!

Warm Jets and Another Green World are my favorite albums of his, but his ambient stuff makes me swoon.

This man has so many classics that it is nearly impossible to choose a favorite. Music for Airports, Another Green World, and Bush of Ghosts are all candidates. I'm surprised that Small Craft on a Milk Sea did not get more attention here last year.

i think my life in the bush of ghosts might be my favourite of his (though their follow-up everything that happens will happen today is good too). another green world is awesome though, too. probs my second favourite.

Eno is so great. and oddly, he appears to link nearly everything I listen to as well. so many bands I get in to purely by chance turn out to have worked with him/been produced by him on the first album i find by them!

pretty 'obvious' choice but first album I got of his was Apollo after hearing tracks like 'An Ending (Ascent)' and 'Deep Blue Day' (and finally finding out after a few years they were HIM :wink:) but my favourite of his is Everything That Happens Will Happen Today with David Byrne. absolutely love that album

Unlike Bono, lack of hair gives him superpowers. Together, they are an unstoppable force.

Best solo record = Another Green World.

Most important. Best is arguable, I guess. Everything that he touched was gold, at that time. I'm going to bomb this motherfucker with YouTubes, at some point, and blow some minds.

This man has so many classics that it is nearly impossible to choose a favorite. Music for Airports, Another Green World, and Bush of Ghosts are all candidates. I'm surprised that Small Craft on a Milk Sea did not get more attention here last year.

It got pretty good reviews, and I think I made a thread for it. I enjoyed it, but not enough that I kept coming back to it.

Most important. Best is arguable, I guess. Everything that he touched was gold, at that time. I'm going to bomb this motherfucker with YouTubes, at some point, and blow some minds.

Looking forward to it :up:

Here is the piece I was talking about in the first post (with Eno's Canon in D Major, from Discreet Music):

YouTube - Grizzly Bear's 'Foreground' - An aleatory and combinatory remix by Phoenix

Absolutely stunning.

Yup wishes to discuss Small Craft on a Milk Sea.

I remember liking it but I don't think I listened to it more than once or twice. He bought out an album or an EP late last year as well with.

Back
Top Bottom